What was your favorite moment in 2022?

Besides the championship of course..

Watching Logano win Vegas. The last stage was an absolute roller coaster as a 22 fan and like I said in the race thread…

Watching “your driver” racing to TAKE the lead (knowing he has the cad to get to the front) is soo much more enjoyable than watching your driver fight and claw to KEEP the lead.

The two Toyota teams getting DQ'd. Shows nascar might actually be serious about enforcement

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

The two Toyota teams getting DQ'd. Shows nascar might actually be serious about enforcement

A DQ is your favorite moment? I am not judging....yes, yes, I am. Unreal.

A DQ is your favorite moment? I am not judging....yes, yes, I am. Unreal.
Yes it a big step forward in legitimizing the sport. Before it was why wouldn't you cheat? The benefits always outweighed the punishment. The encumbered win was even more of a joke. Well this driver won, but they cheated, they still keep the win but not any of the benefits. Try to compare that logic to any other sport.

I know you're just upset it was YOUR cars, but in reality I don't care who it was, they're finally moving in the right direction.

Yes it a big step forward in legitimizing the sport. Before it was why wouldn't you cheat? The benefits always outweighed the punishment. The encumbered win was even more of a joke. Well this driver won, but they cheated, they still keep the win but not any of the benefits. Try to compare that logic to any other sport.

I know you're just upset it was YOUR cars, but in reality I don't care who it was, they're finally moving in the right direction.

A DQ is the worst thing that could happen to the sport. The parties responsible had better have understood this...and it better not happen again.....but to call that a great moment. Uh, whatevs. I would wish you more great moments in 2023, but I don't care what the make is....it is not a good look, and I don't want to see it again...from anybody.

• Haha
Reactions: sdj

They DQ'd a number of cars at the shootout. More will happen at the Chili Bowl. It's been a common practice in motorsports for years. Nascar itself over the years have DQ'd cars. I don't believe there were any more cheatin yotas last year after that stunt. It works.

It shut up all the people who said NASCAR would never again disqualify a Cup winner over a post-race inspection.

They DQ'd a number of cars at the shootout. More will happen at the Chili Bowl. It's been a common practice in motorsports for years. Nascar itself over the years have DQ'd cars. I don't believe there were any more cheatin yotas last year after that stunt. It works.
Those other series don't have the television exposure of NASCAR. You start taking trophies back from Super Bowl winners, you are going to have a problem. DQ's are necessary as a deterrent, but not as the most memorable moment of a season.

• Haha
It shut up all the people who said NASCAR would never again disqualify a Cup winner over a post-race inspection.
Well, it shut me up, and that is saying something...but does a DQ belong in the Most Memorable Moment thread? Is that the best we can do?

Well, it shut me up, and that is saying something ]but does a DQ belong in the Most Memorable Moment thread?[ Is that the best we can do?

It sure does. To this individual, that was the moment for him and I whole heartedly agree with him as it was one of the best moments of the year.

A DQ is the worst thing that could happen to the sport. The parties responsible had better have understood this...and it better not happen again.....but to call that a great moment. Uh, whatevs. I would wish you more great moments in 2023, but I don't care what the make is....it is not a good look, and I don't want to see it again...from anybody.
So, you think cheating should be allowed? Or go unpunished? I think allowing cheating would the the worst thing that could happen. “Here’s the rules, but you don’t have to follow them!”

does a DQ belong in the Most Memorable Moment thread?
I don't know where you're getting 'Most Memorable'. The thread title and @AndyMarquisLive 's original post say 'Favorite Moment'.

But if you want to talk 'Most Memorable', again see Andy's original post. The 'Hail Melon' owns the decade so far, and is on the all-time top five list. We're talking up there with Cale and the Allisons at Daytona, or Busch and Craven at Darlington, or McDowell at Texas.

My favorite moment.

No words. Just pictures.

IMG_9142.jpg

IMG_9745.jpg

q q 17q7z
I don't know where you're getting 'Most Memorable'. The thread title and @AndyMarquisLive 's original post say 'Favorite Moment'.

But if you want to talk 'Most Memorable', again see Andy's original post. The 'Hail Melon' owns the decade so far, and is on the all-time top five list. We're talking up there with Cale and the Allisons at Daytona, or Busch and Craven at Darlington, or McDowell at Texas.
Yep nothing else came close and it was an impossible once in a racing lifetime moment.

If anyone had even suggested that the move was worth a try prior to Chastain doing the it they would have been written off as an idiot. That type of thing happens only in movies where reality and suspended.
As realistic as old Steven Seagal movie where he has single handgun in a shootout against hundred of AK47s or AR15s and he still wins the gunfight just because his moves are good enough to let him pick off all 100 of them.

But Chastain really made the incredulous attempt work in real life.

q q 17q7z
Yep nothing else came close and it was an impossible once in a racing lifetime moment.

If anyone had even suggested that the move was worth a try prior to Chastain doing the it they would have been written off as an idiot. That type of thing happens only in movies where reality and suspended.
As realistic as old Steven Seagal movie where he has single handgun in a shootout against hundred of AK47s or AR15s and he still wins the gunfight just because his moves are good enough to let him pick off all 100 of them.

But Chastain really made the incredulous attempt work in real life.

I really messed up and accidentally posted my Q password at the start of my post

Please disregard the nothingburger that wasnt even posted on the podium.

Okay, favorite.

Back
Top Bottom