Whatcha get for Christmas?

Mr Excitement

Team Owner
So what did y'all get for Christmas? I got the usual boxers, socks, and some other clothes that I desperately needed. However, these are the gifts that really made me happy.

Gloves and goggles.:DPray for snow.

shopping

main_OO7071-02_airbrake-xl-snow_jet-black-prizm-torch_001_109767_png_heroxl.jpg

Two books I asked for.Santa was good to me this year.:D
12101705.jpg

51y4jlc86jL.jpg

Last edited:
My wife and I decided to forego exchanging gifts. If there's something we want or need we buy it ourselves. My son joined us and we told our daughter to spend on the boys, not us.
However we each did get gifts from the ''boys'' I now have a 11 x 14 photo hanging right above my monitor, Another will hang in the hall along with other poses plus some 5 x7's.
We're all happy. :)

It was a fantastic day with family and our extended family. Us guys had a Taste Test of the various Spirits we received. Got a kick-ass speaker that hooks up to the I-Phone. It is able to rattle windows.

We played White Elephant at our family Christmas eve party. I wound up with a board game, but since I'm a loner and have no friends to play it with, my sister traded me for her Amazon gift card. :)

Got a bottle of Jim Beam Black from a friend. It's advertised as the ''worlds best bourbon''.
I like bourbon but I'm not a big drinker, and if this is the worlds best the world has turned to krap.
Markers Mark, Knob Creek are better IMO and of course Pappy Van Winkle

Got to spend time with family for something other than a funeral. Decent ending to a ****** terrible dreadful year. And a few of us are going to take a trip to New York City.
Sounds as though you had a bad year Bud..... I'm sorry for that..... Hopefully this next year will be a complete turnaround for you. I know where you are coming from. All we can do is look forward hoping for a better year...... and look at the past as just that...... the past..... never forget it.... revere it...... but.... don't dwell on it......

The best gift was spending time with my family, and hearing my daughter being surprised when she seen her pink Jeep sitting in front of the Christmas tree.

For me, I didnt ask for a lot this year, the one thing I did asked for was a wireless charging stand for the S8 so that was the only thing that was not a surprise, but I got new tool chest box( the kind that are on casters), got the new South Park video game, a really cool Coke- Cola Hot dog and bun toaster, and some clothing items, and few other small things that are slipping my mind right this moment.

Biggest gift that I got this year is a full size Kegerator. Hasn't been delivered yet. Should be here next week some time.

The best gift I got this year was having the whole family together. My son just graduated from college this week after earning his degree in Business Management. My daughter is home for winter break from University of Pennsylvania where she's majoring in Chemical Engineering.

I read here recently that being married and having kids sucks. That's something that I can't relate to in the least. Those are the two greatest achievements in my life. I've got a wonderful wife that I love and adore. We've come together to create two of the best damn kids on the planet that make each of us proud as can be every time we speak of them and what they've achieved in life. They are going to get more out of and do more in life than we've done. Couldn't ask for any more than that.

Oh, and that Kegerator that I mentioned earlier..... That was a gift from my son, so I think there are some ulterior motives at play.

Biggest gift that I got this year is a full size Kegerator. Hasn't been delivered yet. Should be here next week some time.

The best gift I got this year was having the whole family together. My son just graduated from college this week after earning his degree in Business Management. My daughter is home for winter break from University of Pennsylvania where she's majoring in Chemical Engineering.

I read here recently that being married and having kids sucks. That's something that I can't relate to in the least. Those are the two greatest achievements in my life. I've got a wonderful wife that I love and adore. We've come together to create two of the best damn kids on the planet that make each of us proud as can be every time we speak of them and what they've achieved in life. They are going to get more out of and do more in life than we've done. Couldn't ask for any more than that.

Oh, and that Kegerator that I mentioned earlier..... That was a gift from my son, so I think there are some ulterior motives at play.
This. ^^^

Congratulations to you dpkimmel...... you have done good ...... raising kids is not the easiest thing in life...... raising ''good'' ones is even harder......

I also have been blessed...... I have two very good sons...... both are doing well...... 1 grandson...... the youngest son and his wife.... they don't want any kids and I doubt they will ever have any. They like to travel too much and don't want to be tied down...... They are like 3 of my uncles and Aunts..... they never had kids and seemed to be happy. They always doted over us and liked kids......All us kids always thought the world of them... I guess it's to each their own...... some folks are cut out to have 10 kids..... some are happy to have none..... The main thing is to happy with the choices you made and cross your fingers everything turns out for the best...... Sometimes the best laid plans turn awry..... ;)

I never thought I'd be a father but years later when my Dad told me I was doing a good job with our two I was floored. He did not hand out praise unless it was earned.
True it is not easy but as they grow and mature it's a very rewarding experience.

I did forget, the boys gave me a shaving mug and brush. I enjoy shaving with the warm but not too hot lather. :)

Got my racing magazine subscriptions renewed, and also my Beer of the Month subscription renewed!

Now if only my local tracks would finalize their rules - that they'd promised by now - instead of waiting until after the first few races of the season (if ever)...

Back
Top Bottom