Whats everybody's predicition about Jr in 2003?

Dover
- Ave. 14

richmond
- Ave. 10

texas
- Ave. 23

So, IMO I usually don't say a driver "runs well" somewhere until he consistantly runs well there. Big stretch I know.

Does he run well at Richmond? Yes.

Does he run well at Texas and Dover? Sorry, no.

He runs well at Richmond, and at Texas.... the only reason he got that 42nd place run at Texas was because he was wrecked by the 49 car.

Only a few more cars until Jr gets the pole!!

Originally posted by paul
You tell me.

What are Jr's finish stats at those tracks?

don't know don't care..........that is irrelevent to my reply to your post about what constitutes if a driver runs good at a track or not by your standards........and I not gonna turn this into an arguement about JR.......so..have a good race weekend and i hope you aren't gonna get all the snow and ice I'll be getting....:)

It is going to snow here.

But, what criteria are you using when you say a driver runs well?

My "standards" used are finishing positions...wacky I know.

Dover
- Ave. 14

richmond
- Ave. 10

texas
- Ave. 23

So, IMO I usually don't say a driver "runs well" somewhere until he consistantly runs well there.  Big stretch I know.

Does he run well at Richmond?  Yes.

Does he run well at Texas and Dover?  Sorry, no.

oh my.....guess that wasn't my last post...lol........now you are saying opposite what you said previously.....first you say wins consistantly before you'll say he runs well there.......now you are saying he has to be consistant for you to say he runs well there......which is it Paul?.....does some one have to win to be consistant or finish well to be consistant??

Finishing well -- Doing that makes you consistant, being consistant gets you a championship.

Exactly bud_stud.

If he ran well at those tracks then I would say that he ran well. He runs well at Richmond, not Dover at Texas.

Some people just want to say he runs well there because he got a win. Not the way I view someone "running well".

He does run well at Texas, just that one finish doesn't show it... he was running in the top10 before that crash.

Ok hooty maybe I did say that. :eek:

All I'm saying is that an average finish of 23 is not running well.

Oh.

Just me, but I usually don't say "He runs good there" until he wins consistantly.

You know, like people say "that driver is good at road courses" because...uh...that driver wins there CONSISTANTLY.

Is that really how it is these days?  One win and the driver "runs good" at those tracks?  Neat.

the first line of this post states you don't say "he runs well there" until he wins consistantly........so it wasn't a try....you said it....

second paragraph....a driver is good at road courses be cause he wins consistantly.........so thats 2 times ya said it

and if you reread my posts....I said that the avg finish determines in my opinion how well a driver runs at a track...because I believe a driver can run well at a track and never win there....:)

Ok hooty maybe I did say that. :eek:

All I'm saying is that an average finish of 23 is not running well.

I totally agree Paul.....thats not running well.....but I thought it was unfair to try and say Jr can only win on plate tracks when he has won on other tracks....maybe I read the post that got me going on this wrong......but I was simply trying to state that Jr and the Bud Team can and have run well at non plates tracks.....i really wasn't talking about consistancy.......

Places where Jr sucked at last year... he has turned it up and ran with it this year.... Phoenix, Martinsville, Bristol, so on and so on..
He can get the job done anywhere... all it takes is the right equipment and a little luck.

looks like someone went fishing again.

i cant say i would lay the whole blame on Jr.....i think the blame should be spread out all over the team.....and that includes Jr.

he should have stepped up and said something about his medical problems...he didnt..that hurt his team....his fault

Jr. needs to take it more seroiusly and quit the distracting lifestyle.

I think if Jr. would focus more on racing he would win a championship.

Hey DEIFan, it was a discussion. No one was fighting.

Don't push your luck...this is your last warning.

My prediction for Jr in 2003:
10 wins
20 top fives
30 top tens
5 finishes of 20 or worse
2 finishes of 30 or worse
1 DNF

9th in points overall!:D

Todd Bodine wins the Cup in the final race against Jimmy Spencer!

How's that for a gaze in the crystal ball?:ROFLMFAO:

Originally posted by bud_stud
He runs well at Richmond, and at Texas.... the only reason he got that 42nd place run at Texas was because he was wrecked by the 49 car.  

Only a few more cars until Jr gets the pole!!

As I recall, it was Jr who ran in to Shawna. :eek:

I predict JR will finally come outta the closet after research shows that only gays have been buying his perfume.

As far as racing, I HATE TO ADMIT IT, he looks like he is getting pretty stout at a many more tracks and if he carries this momentum into next year, he will be contending for the cup.

Then he'll retire and settle down with a young stud that he can be submissive to. I hope I don't upset anybody, I'm really quite shy.

Dale Earnhardt JR. 2003 Winston cup champion.
:beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:
At least I hope so, his dad would be proud.

This whole prediction thread is just everyone's wish list for next year!!:D

Me encluded!:)

Originally posted by bump drafting
I predict JR will finally come outta the closet after research shows that only gays have been buying his perfume.

So if you wear Drakkar you are gay?

Dale Jr a Champ next year.................nah maybe in two more years!
Top ten forsure!

I think Jr will do good next year. He needs a new pit crew though, the "Dirty Moe Possie" messes him up on all his good runs.

Back
Top Bottom