What's Your 500 Plan?

Eff that! It's a NASCAR Cup race. Real fans watch every lap!
So you watch a few laps at the begining, really the last 50 is when everything happens on a plate track, why waste your time watching them go around single file 150?

So you watch a few laps at the begining, really the last 50 is when everything happens on a plate track, why waste your time watching them go around single file 150?
I hate only seeing part of a race...I watch every lap because I want to know who's done what.. who's out, who wrecked, who led laps, how who's strategy is playing out, etc.... You don't get all that when you watch the beginning and the end and that's one of the best parts about watching a race IMO.

They won't be "racing" until there is less than 50 to go if you can call racing on a plate track actually racing.
So you tune in to watch the last 50 and your drivers isn't in the field.... that doesn't bother you? Not knowing why?.. I can't stand stuff like that... maybe I'm a little OCD in that department lol but it wouldn't be the only one.

So you tune in to watch the last 50 and your drivers isn't in the field.... that doesn't bother you? Not knowing why?.. I can't stand stuff like that... maybe I'm a little OCD in that department lol but it wouldn't be the only one.
I don't have a favorite driver anymore, so doesn't really matter to me.

That's not the point lol
Isn't though? I'd argue that is exactly the point, that i don't identify with Nascar the way I used to because of the product they put on the track. There are millions of people that used to be avid fans in the same boat as me.

Any advice for a 1st timer? I'm flying down to Orlando Saturday night and going to the race Sunday. The hotel I'm staying at in Orlando is shuttling to and from the race on Sunday. This will be my first sprint cup race.

Any advice for a 1st timer? I'm flying down to Orlando Saturday night and going to the race Sunday. The hotel I'm staying at in Orlando is shuttling to and from the race on Sunday. This will be my first sprint cup race.
Not from me but Im sure there will be a few in here to help you out with that momentarily. They're good like that.

Hopefully this won't come off as the standoffish "SEARCH THE FORUMS DUMMY" post, because it's not how I intend it. About a month ago, there was a topic about hitting up Speedweeks, should be a good starting place.

http://racing-forums.com/threads/week-of-all-things-nascar-speedweek.48194/

At most of the forums I have been to, that's exactly how it would have come off. This one is far more polite. I can dig it.
Polite?! What a minute... are we in the same place here? :D

Hmmmmm lol wait until the season gets rolling...

Jk though we got a pretty good bunch... not that they would same the same about me lol :)

Polite?! What a minute... are we in the same place here? :D

Hmmmmm lol wait until the season gets rolling...

Sure, there's been heated discussion, because everyone is a passionate fan here. But there isn't an abundance of unoriginal and unintelligent name-calling, hissy fits when somebody doesn't get their way, and general anonymous internet badassery.

But maybe I do just need to hang around a little bit longer.;)

Sure, there's been heated discussion, because everyone is a passionate fan here. But there isn't an abundance of unoriginal and unintelligent name-calling, hissy fits when somebody doesn't get their way, and general anonymous internet badassery.

But maybe I do just need to hang around a little bit longer.;)
Nah, our sheriff know's how to do her stuff and keep us straight and at times it's a full time job for her. We have the best run, cleanest and top forum on the internet , In My Opinion.

Nah, our sheriff know's how to do her stuff and keep us straight and at times it's a full time job for her. We have the best run, cleanest and top forum on the internet , In My Opinion.
Hands down.. I've never been able to find another this good. In fact I don't even bother using other ones anymore once I found this one. Occasionally I go troll NASCAR The Game forums but that's just for fun lol... Im actually in there right now arguing about the Denny/Joey Auto Club incident lol just because...

I'm working afternoons on that day......still haven't figured out the time difference to see how much I can watch.
Daytona time would be 6 hours ahead of me and I start at 1pm

Bring beer and food in a soft cooler, and get a scanner if you can. Bring a bench cushion and also a plastic bag to place coat etc under your seat so it doesn't get beer soaked.

Hey! Maybe I'll see you there. I got some see through backpacks so maybe they won't make me take stuff out. I don't know what it's like at the track but I'm definitely taking Fenders advice on the beer and food.

I will do one of two things.

1. Get drafted into working 12 hours, depending on the buisness needs.

2. If not working, watch on tv and studying. My time is limited and I have to study whenever the opportunity arises.
If the racing gets heated, or a hot babe is doing a commercial, my eyes will shift from the books to the TV.

popcorn.gif

Lol @ 4:34

If the 500 is anything like the previous race at Daytona.. meh. These cars are too sucked down to the track.

Back
Top Bottom