when will they get respect?

S

steveluvs3

When will the KC chiefs get respect? They hardly get mentioned on the national media, today on espn's NFL countdown it took 1hour 22 min. before they mentioned the chiefs and if it were'nt for eddie kennison's comments they would of only got maybe about 20 sec., hell titans,dolphins,patriots,cowboys, eagles,colts,ravens and even the bengals got more play than the cheifs, also on their showdown picks they picked their winners but no mention of the chiefs-broncos game and that game is for the division championship if the chiefs win. Even the show Inside the NFL on HBO barely mention the chiefs, maybe if they beat the broncos (crossed fingers) and win the west maybe they will get some respect, but I doubt it.

Nevermind, I knew I should of never put that post up, Everytime I put my faith in that team they always let me down :angry:

:p I can't possibly see why they wouldn't get respect, this is a list of the teams Kansas City has beaten so far this year and their record.
San Diego 2-10
pitsburgh 4-8
Houston 5-7
Baltimore 7-5
Denver 7-5
Green Bay 6-6
Oakland 3-9
Buffalo 5-7
Cleveland 4-8

Denver should have beaten them the first time too. At least they more than made up for it today.

I think it will come down to KC and NE in the AFC Championship game, KC has a good team they just got a reality check yesterday.

Originally posted by Mopardh9@Dec 8 2003, 11:52 AM
I think it will come down to KC and NE in the AFC Championship game, KC has a good team they just got a reality check yesterday.
If I had to pick right now, I'd say New England and Baltimore in the AFC, Philly and St. Louis in the NFC. The Titans looked pretty beatable this week, and Peyton Manning has choked in every meaningful game he has ever played. Kansas City's record is as much a result of their opponents' mediocrity as it is their own strength. Carolina is showing their true colors, as is Dallas. Minnesota? Gimme a break.

Originally posted by EatMorePossum+Dec 8 2003, 12:14 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (EatMorePossum @ Dec 8 2003, 12:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Mopardh9@Dec 8 2003, 11:52 AM
If I had to pick right now, I'd say New England and Baltimore in the AFC, Philly and St. Louis in the NFC. The Titans looked pretty beatable this week, and Peyton Manning has choked in every meaningful game he has ever played. Kansas City's record is as much a result of their opponents' mediocrity as it is their own strength. Carolina is showing their true colors, as is Dallas. Minnesota? Gimme a break. [/b][/quote]
I don't think he choked yesterday, and I'm not givin up, right now NE looks pretty good, but not dominint, they just know how to win. If the chiefs don't do something to beef up that defense and have to go on the road for the AFC championship, I hate to admit it but they will lose.

Originally posted by steveluvs3@Dec 8 2003, 03:51 PM

I don't think he choked yesterday
I beg to differ. The Colts won the game, true. But 4 field goals after 4 trips inside the 20 in the first half? That game fell in their laps. 4 field goals ain't gonna win no playoff game. They should have blown the Titans out, instead they hung on to barely win.

I don't mean to bump up an old thread but wow they finally get some respect, in the wrong way of course. A few of the defensive guys got into a big shouting match after the vikings loss and now it looks as if the team is falling apart and now and only now are they getting all kinds of top story press.
Funny they go 9-0 and nobody really talks about them and now that they are falling apart they are the top story of the NFL. :angry:

Back
Top Bottom