Where Are They Now: Jimmy Spencer

I missed seeing his win at Daytona..... but was there for his win at 'Dega.... I swear...... that day.... he was passing everyone.... No one could touch that car..... it was on rails......

One of my dad's favorite drivers.He didn't take anything off of anyone,
Everyone always gave Jimmy Hell..... It was a running joke about having Target on his hood.... I was really proud of him when he got the ride with Jr. Johnson..... when you drove for Jr. ...... you had hit the big leagues ......... I always liked him....... back in the 80's and 90's there were so many teams that weren't powerhouses....... like the Jacksons, Stavola Brothers and a lot more .....just a lot of owners that had 1 car stables that were a threat to win every week..... I loved that...... and of course........ so many of the drivers back then got their start by driving for Junie Donalevy...... Kenny Schrader for one..... Junie probably done more for driver development than any single person .

Last edited:
Everyone always gave Jimmy Hell..... It was a running joke about having Target on his hood.... I was really proud of him when he got the ride with Jr. Johnson..... when you drove for Jr. ...... you had hit the big leagues ......... I always liked him....... back in the 80's and 90's there were so many teams that weren't powerhouses....... like the Jacksons, Stavola Brothers and a lot more .....just a lot of owners that had 1 car stables that were a threat to win every week..... I loved that...... and of course........ so many of the drivers back then got their start by driving for Junie Donalevy...... Kenny Schrader for one..... Junie probably done more for driver development than any single person .
Definitely don't have that today, missed those teams that could win any given week

One of the funniest thing I saw at Bristol was a Card board cut out of Kurt Bush with a sign that stated "HOW DOES JIMMY SPENCER USE A SHARPE" and the cut out was life size with black sharpe marks of a black eye and bruises all over. It was the week after Kurt smarted off to Jimmie and Jimmie had popped him, good stuff.

I also remeber a Time when there was a wreck on TV everybody wanted to know where Jimmy was. He was for sure Mr Excitement.

Wish he was still a broadcast guy, he was a no BS guy.

Back
Top Bottom