Where did the EDIT Post feature go?

Discussion in 'Racing-Forums Feedback' started by dpkimmel2001, Sep 24, 2012.

1. dpkimmel2001

dpkimmel2001 Team Owner

I just noticed this morning that this feature is no longer available. Can this be turned back on? I have to use this feature a lot to correct my posts.

2. dpkimmel2001

dpkimmel2001 Team Owner

Okay, just after I posted this thread the feature came back on. :confused: Either you are watching what I am typing or you're clairvoyant. Either way I am now somewhat scared. :eek:

Apparently it was a temporary thing. Please disregard this post.

3. kkfan91

kkfan91 You tried your best and failed miserably

weird things happen at 6 am, or maybe its just me since I've been up all night. YAY procrastination.

4. "The call is coming from inside the house."

dpkimmel2001 and kkfan91 like this.
  5. majestyx

majestyx Administrator Staff Member

I believe that after a certain length of time, the edit button disappears on posts. It will show up again on a new post, but then will be unavailable on the new post again after a certain length of time.

6. dpkimmel2001

dpkimmel2001 Team Owner

Before we switched from the last board software to XenForo, when a posted was edited it displayed at the bottom of it the date/time/reason of the edit. It'd be great if this current software had that option. I do a lot of posting in the early am hours, pre coffee. I tend to make mistakes. Sometimes I don't notice them immediately after posting. Oh well, it is what it is.

7. fury

fury Internet god with an inferiority complex Staff Member

I have upped the time limit on editing posts to 30 minutes. I know how it goes...I make a post, and I re-read it over and over again before hitting the post button, and then I post it, and for the next 10-15 minutes after posting, *edit*...wait...*edit again*...gah, *edit again*

8. dpkimmel2001

dpkimmel2001 Team Owner

Exactly. Thanks.