Where is everyone watching the end of the race from tomorrow?

Cholo

Team Owner
Love 11:00 Monday re-starts. Good start to the season, love the 3:18 make it 3:30 make it oh it rains late afternoon in Florida start time. So much fail.

This is why NASCAR will not recover for a long time if ever. What absolute moron doesn't run this race at 1?

Yep. This year's race had generated a lot of buzz and interest from casual sports fans. All gone now. Morons, it almost always rains late in the day in Florida.

I don't know that I'm going to get to see it tomorrow.

I don’t think there’s going to be a race tomorrow (trying to remain optimistic)

I guarantee that Fox is the primary 'stakeholder' behind the late afternoon start time. Any other network would choose the same. In TV world, it is accepted fact that a sporting event that starts at 3:00-4:00 PM ET will attract larger national viewership than 1:00 PM. That's how they think, and broadly it is true.

I guarantee that Fox is the primary 'stakeholder' behind the late afternoon start time. Any other network would choose the same. In TV world, it is accepted fact that a sporting event that starts at 3:00-4:00 PM ET will attract larger national viewership than 1:00 PM. That's how they think, and broadly it is true.

Yep. I'm sure several hours of Michael Waltrip ass clownery and more driver interviews is better for viewing audiences than a 1 pm start.

From the same spot i was going to today. Thankfully I'm still in winter vacation mode! Viva la golf industry in the Northeast!!

NASCAR: “What time should we resume the race tomorrow? If we start it at noon, the TV audience working on Monday won’t get to watch it, but the fans in attendance that have to work on Tuesday will. If we put it in prime time, say at 7:00, we’ll have more TV viewers, but less attendance”.

Also NASCAR: “Let’s start it a 4:00, so neither the fans in attendance nor the TV audience working tomorrow can see it!”

NASCAR yet again: “Brilliant!”

Guess I’ll have to stay off the social medias tomorrow evening and watch it on DVR when I get home from work. Will give me something to do while the wife is watching The Bachelor.

We will DVR and watch after dinner.

Perhaps NASCAR looked at the weather forecast and, seeing a chance of rain up until 3PM, decided to wait until 4.
This is not the rainy season in a Florida. Yes systems do form, but the late PM showers cycle are common from May through October.

We will DVR and watch after dinner.

Perhaps NASCAR looked at the weather forecast and, seeing a chance of rain up until 3PM, decided to wait until 4.
This is not the rainy season in a Florida. Yes systems do form, but the late PM showers cycle are common from May through October.

That's exactly why but according to Twitter they should bend over for the evening working crowd. I usually work evenings but I don't expect the minority to dictate.

I had already planned something for tomorrow so I will just read the racing forums race thread when I get home to see what went on. It isn't the end of the world if I don't see the race and life will go on. I just hope it is a good safe race...and a Hendrick car wins.:D

At 4pm I will follow the internet leaderboard until 6pm.
At 6pm I will listen to MRN driving home.
At 6:30 Watch the rest on TV at home.

Yep. I'm sure several hours of Michael Waltrip ass clownery and more driver interviews is better for viewing audiences than a 1 pm start.
Where were your thoughts on the other 3 oclock starts? Just another "fan" thinking they can change the weather.

Love 11:00 Monday re-starts. Good start to the season, love the 3:18 make it 3:30 make it oh it rains late afternoon in Florida start time. So much fail.
BTW, The late Florida rain storms are mostly during the summer months and this storm wasnt a "pop" up shower.

NASCAR had NO control over when to start the race tomorrow!! Fox told them "you have to start at 4 and be finished by 8". Enough with blaming NASCAR for race times when their TV partners are the ones making those calls

NASCAR had NO control over when to start the race tomorrow!! Fox told them "you have to start at 4 and be finished by 8". Enough with blaming NASCAR for race times when their TV partners are the ones making those calls
NASCAR sets the dates, TV sets the times. The broadcast rights revenue generates more money for all concerned than the fans at the track spend. I don't know why some folks have trouble accepting the economic realities.

Reactions: sdj
I'm going to be driving. I've got two options. I could stream the race to my phone, having it out of view, or search the terrestrial dial for MRN affiliates along my route. I'd rather listen to the MRN feed but affiliates are lacking these days. Anyone know of a YouTube channel that broadcasts the MRN feed?[/QUOTE]

I'm going to be driving. I've got two options. I could stream the race to my phone, having it out of view, or search the terrestrial dial for MRN affiliates along my route. I'd rather listen to the MRN feed but affiliates are lacking these days. Anyone know of a YouTube channel that broadcasts the MRN feed?
[/QUOTE]

When I have to drive during a race, I use the NASCAR app. It's got an MRN feature that's pretty good.

I wonder if the networks are bellayching about needing to change their lineup in the afternoon to accommodate this

I wonder if the networks are bellayching about needing to change their lineup in the afternoon to accommodate this
Most daytime schedules are syndicated programming. On our Fox affiliate, it’s just pre-empting a few episodes of Judge Judy, Jeopardy, and a couple reruns of The Big Bang Theory.

Most daytime schedules are syndicated programming. On our Fox affiliate, it’s just pre-empting a few episodes of Judge Judy, Jeopardy, and a couple reruns of The Big Bang Theory.

Its at 4pm, right?

The Daytona 500 has been postponed by rain for the first time since 2012, dampening NASCAR's season opener that started with a ballyhooed visit from President Donald Trump. The race was postponed after two lengthy delays totaling more than three hours

Back
Top Bottom