Where will your driver win?

SlicedBread22

#TeamJL
Which track(s) do you realistically believe your driver can/will win at this season? Why?

I believe Joey Logano could win at the following tracks:

Pocono- For obvious reasons.

Charlotte- His best track. In 13 starts, 10 top 10's and 5 top 5's with an average finish of 8.31. Also a win in NNS.

Daytona- Always fast at plate tracks. Has finished in the top 10 in 6 of his last 8 starts with two 3rd place finishes. Just need to stay out of trouble. Also has an NNS win here.

Talladega- Same as Daytona.

Kentucky- Has run well here in NNS. Three consecutive wins from the pole.

Dover and Bristol- Last year at this time I would not have picked either of these tracks but last year he managed 2 top 10 finishes at both of these tracks, lead the most laps in the cup night race at Bristol and won there in NNS as well as both Dover NNS races. In winning these races he said he found out what he's looking for at these tracks and it clearly helped him improve in cup at these tracks.

Also given the improvement I've seen this year in the 1.5 miles I wouldn't be surprised to see him have great runs at any of those tracks.

I'm not saying I think he will win all of these races. They are just the tracks I think he has the best shot at based on past performance. He seems to be a new Joey this year so hopefully by years end I'll be able to add a couple tracks to this list.

So which track(s) are you looking forward to the most for your driver?

Kasey can win pretty much anywhere except the Glen he never runs good there. Always watch out for him on the mile and a halfs and Bristol this year and New Hampshire last year showed he can win on anything. He has won Sonoma in the past and sat on the pole. I personally believe Dover owes him a win after he got crashed leading back on '04

Bowyer is always a threat at Talladega and New Hampshire, it also wouldn't surprise me if he picked up another road course win this year. Texas on Saturday would be nice too!

Jeff Gordon can win anywhere! He has won at every track in the Cup series except Kentucky. :cool:

The tracks I think he has the best shot of winning at are Martinsville, New Hampshire, Dover, Pocono, and Atlanta.

Jeff Gordon is my favorite driver, but as I said, I haven't been following very closely over the past few years. So, it is kind of hard for me to say where he has run well over the last few years. I will say though, that he is certainly a threat pretty much anywhere. It used to be that road courses and the short tracks were his to lose, but that isn't the case anymore. Then again, it doesn't seem like it was all that long ago that he had about a 25% winning percentage overall. That was insane when you think about it.

Back
Top Bottom