Which former champion?

4xchampncountin

Which former Cup Champion will win his next title first? and rate their chances of ever winning another?

Matt Kenseth? 25%

Jeff Gordon? 75%

Tony Stewart? 50%

Bobby Labonte? 10%

Dale Jarrett? 5%

Rusty Wallace? 5%

Terry Labonte? 2%

I'm sure I missed somebody, but it wasn't intentional. Just too lazy to look 'em all up.

I'm going with Tony..........he's hungry and very competitive!! But, not this year............it's Jr's turn!!! :D

Oh and by the way...............I'll go with an 80% probability. :)

Originally posted by DE_Wrangler_2@Mar 25 2004, 02:45 AM
I'm going with Tony..........he's hungry and very competitive!! But, not this year............it's Jr's turn!!! :D

Oh and by the way...............I'll go with an 80% probability. :)
DE the only reason I didn't go higher on Tony is his remarks about switching series again. He is unstable enough to do something like that.

Yeah...........unstable like a fox!! :) He ain't leaving NASCAR anytime soon!! He's played that game before..........and if I remember correctly he has a 5 year deal with Gibbs!! :D

Count on Stewart and Kenseth for at least one more each. Bobby's running out of time, as is Gordon I think. Rusty, Jarrett, Terry...not gonna happen.

Tony Stewart? 80%

Matt Kenseth? 60%

Jeff Gordon? 60%

Bobby Labonte? 5%

Dale Jarrett? 0%

Rusty Wallace? 0%

Terry Labonte? 0%

Stewart is going to win it this year. I think Kenseth and Gordon are good for at least 1 more championship.

I think that Dale Jarrett, Rusty Wallace, and Terry Labonte will all be retried within 3 years. The window is closing and none of them currently have the right chemistry on their teams to even vaguely contend for a championship.

Bobby Labonte has a minor chance, simply because I don't see him retiring for several more years.

Originally posted by TonyB@Mar 25 2004, 09:09 AM
Tony Stewart? 80%

Matt Kenseth? 60%

Jeff Gordon? 60%

Bobby Labonte? 5%

Dale Jarrett? 0%

Rusty Wallace? 0%

Terry Labonte? 0%

Stewart is going to win it this year. I think Kenseth and Gordon are good for at least 1 more championship.

I think that Dale Jarrett, Rusty Wallace, and Terry Labonte will all be retried within 3 years. The window is closing and none of them currently have the right chemistry on their teams to even vaguely contend for a championship.

Bobby Labonte has a minor chance, simply because I don't see him retiring for several more years.
I certainly like you answers. :D

Have to say I agree with you too, but if Tony is to win it this year he better get focused on it and remember "fenders are your friends" :lol:

The funny thing is that we haven't yet seen who is going to adjust to the playoff system yet.

It certainly seems as though this new set-up will result in the better man winning less often than in the past.

If a guy has an average season and is say in 9th or 10th place about 350 points back, if he gets hot during the last 10 races he could win the title. That guy could in all actuallity have ammassed over 300 less points than the driver who comes in second. :eek:

And looking at those final 10 races, the obvious choice is Stewart.

Not that I like the guy, but he'll be tough to beat at those ten tracks.

Originally posted by EatMorePossum@Mar 25 2004, 05:38 PM
And looking at those final 10 races, the obvious choice is Stewart.

Not that I like the guy, but he'll be tough to beat at those ten tracks.
That is true. Jeff has historically done very well over the last 10 weeks of the year also. I just can't wait to see how it all shakes out.

Like it or not, the end should be very interesting ;)

Jeff's hottest months are August with 11 wins and September with 12 wins.I like Jeff Gordon's chances at winning the Title this year,another first,the first Nextel Cup Championship ie. :D

4X,how could U leave out HMS stablemate Jmmie Johnson?Shame on U :lol: Jimmie's My pick for the 2005 Championship btw. ;)

And don't forget Kurt would be the '02 champ under these new rules----from 11th to third in the last handful of races that year. Another late-season charger.

Originally posted by 97forever@Mar 25 2004, 09:45 PM
And don't forget Kurt would be the '02 champ under these new rules----from 11th to third in the last handful of races that year. Another late-season charger.
Great point,I'll still stick with the #24 though :D ;)

Originally posted by 24thunder@Mar 26 2004, 01:37 AM
4X,how could U leave out HMS stablemate Jmmie Johnson?Shame on U :lol: Jimmie's My pick for the 2005 Championship btw. ;)
Jimmie isn't a former champion. That is the only reason he was left out of the list.

I certainly believe he will win at least one title.

Originally posted by 4xchampncountin+Mar 25 2004, 09:58 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (4xchampncountin @ Mar 25 2004, 09:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--24thunder@Mar 26 2004, 01:37 AM
Jimmie isn't a former champion. That is the only reason he was left out of the list.

I certainly believe he will win at least one title. [/b][/quote]
Ok,I wasn't paying attention,as usual :eek: Thanks for the explaination ;)

Back
Top Bottom