Which NASCAR driver are you thankful for?

Tbh thankful for Jimmie Johnson. While I don't hate him etc (unlike my dad and uncle), I have never been a fan. However I am thankful to get to witness his run, as I know I will never likely get to witness anything like not again in my lifetime, and I respect that and his accomplishments regardless of personal opinion(s).

Kurt Busch. Thankful that he is coming to TRD/Toyota.

Thank you to Dale Earnhardt for setting the bar so high. This is what I used to judge drivers and I must say no one has met his mark, including JJ.

Thank you to Dale Earnhardt for setting the bar so high. This is what I used to judge drivers and I must say no one has met his mark, including JJ.
This.

All of them for giving us the best sport in the world.

Except Denny Hamlin, f**k that guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I ****** love this post. I just do. 100% real. Well done.

Jimmie Johnson. I wasn't a fan of his, but you have to respect his accomplishments. He got it done at the peak of NASCAR popularity too. He set the bar of excellence.

Any driver that speaks out against the 550 package
and yet in the 80's when the sport was really gaining momentum 600 HP was the goal post
and it was fun to watch the competition working so hard that they were willing to chance blowing up. How many watched the twisted sister car??

Jimmie Johnson. I wasn't a fan of his, but you have to respect his accomplishments. He got it done at the peak of NASCAR popularity too. He set the bar of excellence.
Unfortunately JJ just showed up at the track to drive and he was given the best with one of the best cheating CC's. I think DE did more with less.

Tim Richmond and Alan Kulwicki. If it weren't for those two I wonder how big of a NASCAR fan I would have become. After reading the other comments, special mention goes out to Kyle Larson. Got a lot of enjoyment watching him run the short tracks last year and his championship comeback this year.

There are many drivers I respect, admire, and give thanks for, but today I am thinking of just one... John Andretti. One of my most favorite NASCAR drivers from the 1990's and I always felt he was the classy one of the next generation of Andretti's after Mario. A very good journeyman driver and always a classy and gracious individual. I well remember his signature win, Martinsville 1999. And his Memorial Day double, the first driver to accomplish that feat of endurance.

John's #CheckIt4Andretti charitable foundation carries on, and according to experts who should know, has moved the needle regarding public awareness of the life-saving benefits of colonoscopes after age 45.

There are many drivers I respect, admire, and give thanks for, but today I am thinking of just one... John Andretti. One of my most favorite NASCAR drivers from the 1990's and I always felt he was the classy one of the next generation of Andretti's after Mario. A very good journeyman driver and always a classy and gracious individual. I well remember his signature win, Martinsville 1999. And his Memorial Day double, the first driver to accomplish that feat of endurance.

John's #CheckIt4Andretti charitable foundation carries on, and according to experts who should know, has moved the needle regarding public awareness of the life-saving benefits of colonoscopes after age 45.

Just had mine, you guys and girls get yours too!

Yet he will still greet you with a kind word and a handshake.
....and spend as long as you like to chat. I will never forget meeting him in Fontana. I just wanted to say, 'Hello." I got conversation.

and yet in the 80's when the sport was really gaining momentum 600 HP was the goal post
and it was fun to watch the competition working so hard that they were willing to chance blowing up. How many watched the twisted sister car??

I mean....600hp with cars 5" off the ground would be a ton a fun. 550hp with cars so sucked to the ground they couldn't clear themselves over a penny...not fun.

Kyle Petty - one of the most charitable athletes in all of sports history. And I hear he's a genuinely good guy like his father, except when he's really stressed and then can be a Dick Trickle

Back
Top Bottom