Which track for July 4th?

Which track for July 4th?

• Daytona oval

• Daytona road course

• Road America

• Other (post in comments)

Results are only viewable after voting.
There is something special about traditions, frankly it’s the only thing that’s left in this ever changing sport. Some change is good, some detrimental. I don’t hate the Road America race on this day, if it’s kept on July 4th weekend for the immediate future that’s be great. A slight part of me will miss Daytona on this weekend, I prefer that Sunday afternoon 10am central start. Hell for weather problems make it Saturday at that time instead

I agree about tradition. I grew up with Daytona ALWAYS on 4th of July weekend (Firecracker 400 etc) and definitely miss it. However it just seems fitting for them the be at a track with "America" in its name on the 4th of July.

As unlikely as NASCAR is to alter plate racing or switch permanently to the roval, it's even less likely to move a race to an FL track it doesn't own.
NASCAR controls Sebring and Road Atlanta since the ALMS/IMSA acquisition.

I’m not big on plate racing but there was something right about the cars under the lights on Independence Day weekend, followed by the fireworks show.

I won’t complain about Road America though. As long as they keep it and let it build date equity it’s going to stay a major hit. Arguably the best road course in North America and the crowd was phenomenal.

The tradition of the July 4th Daytona race was neat but the weather makes it a non starter for me. Makes no sense to race down there this time of year.

As of now the Poll is 60.6% in favor of Daytona on the fourth. I was born in and grew up in Florida, the 400 at Daytona became my annual event when the race went to the Night Race, I have super great seats for this race. Stayed on the beach had a great time. When the date moved because of COVID BS, I shifted gears and went to the later race and the fireworks are unbelievable after the race. I have not changed my trip to Daytona, just the Date.

As of now the Poll is 60.6% in favor of Daytona on the fourth. I was born in and grew up in Florida, the 400 at Daytona became my annual event when the race went to the Night Race, I have super great seats for this race. Stayed on the beach had a great time. When the date moved because of COVID BS, I shifted gears and went to the later race and the fireworks are unbelievable after the race. I have not changed my trip to Daytona, just the Date.
Lately I went to the 400 too because for us it was easier to get tickets and just an easier experience overall. I even planned my wedding around the 2018 400, got married in Daytona the day before that year's race and went to the race the next day. I had hoped the 400 in July would have been annual pilgrimage for me too but I might give Road America a shot if its kept on that date for the immediate future.

Halftime break for setup adjustments and to convert the track from oval to roadcourse configuration. Winner gets double points.
I'm not sure if that's practical or if you're serious (I'm thinking not) but if that could be pulled off, that'd be kind of cool.

They do own Sebring though
Yeah, I've been corrected on that. Let me rephrase.

While Sebring may be a 'better' course for stock cars than the Daytona roval, does anyone see NASCAR giving it a date at the expense of its flagship track? As one who abhors pack racing, the Daytona roval is the most I can hope for, but I see that as only slightly more likely.

Yeah, I've been corrected on that. Let me rephrase.

While Sebring may be a 'better' course for stock cars than the Daytona roval, does anyone see NASCAR giving it a date at the expense of its flagship track? As one who abhors pack racing, the Daytona roval is the most I can hope for, but I see that as only slightly more likely.
Definitely not, you’re right on that. At best it would be a facility that could host Truck and Xfinity, there wouldn’t be near enough of what they look for as far as facilities/amenities for a Cup race. Fwiw, I don’t think any of this is on their radar at all, just that it happens to be under their umbrella.

Daytona Oval. Road America is a great addition to the schedule though.

Back
Top Bottom