Whining Drivers?

What do you mean "another forum" there is but one forum...:D

Oh, and read the article, the guy is an obvious half wit. There is something wrong when cars up and launch towards the wall. The track history is bad enough without adding more injuries. The drivers were justified in their complaints...this time :)

Actually, Kalle Oakes is the sports editor for one of the oldest (founded 1847) and largest (300 employees) newspapers in central Maine and is the 2nd year driver of the #89.3 Buick Regal in the Outlaw Stock Division at Oxford Plains Speedway. Best finish so far is a 12th, but on the bright side he ain't got no dnf's either.:D

LOL..............I liked what he had to said!:argue:

one other thought on that!

strap the writter in the seat so he knows what it's like to drive on a track in that condition!

Tony Stewart probably hit the wall at 80 mph or better ! Would you want to do that?

Sometimes these writers get carried away behind a keyboard!

I thought the article was hilarious!!! Every time a driver does bad..he complains about the track!! I didn't see Ward complaining!!

Um, been there done that, new subject please.

And if we insist on rehashing guys I will bring up again the fact that two drivers have died at that track in the past few years, so don't call it "whining" when track conditions are ****** there. (oh, and I know it had to do with stuck throttles in the past, but track configuration plays heavily into it as well)

NEW SUBJECT PLEASE!

And by the way, Ward was complaining about the conditions as well....

Originally posted by 71Fan
Actually, Kalle Oakes is the sports editor for one of the oldest (founded 1847) and largest (300 employees) newspapers in central Maine and is the 2nd year driver of the #89.3 Buick Regal in the Outlaw Stock Division at Oxford Plains Speedway. Best finish so far is a 12th, but on the bright side he ain't got no dnf's either.:D

Well that explains it, he never made it to the bigtime. Bet he would whine if his cable company didn't show the races! Hey, go buy a ticket.

If he didn't see that there was something wrong with the racing on Sunday, he needs new glasses. Sure, some people passed here and there, laps were made up ONLY because there were so many cautions that no one ever put a car a lap down on the track. If there were about 9 more cautions, Bill Elliot would have been on the lead lap at the end.

Goodyear tires are the problem. They never wear out and didn't work well against this tracks pavement.

If a cancer patient won the lotto, this guy would tell him to quit whining cause he is rich! Get real.

Another writer who knows far less than he thinks. Seems to be alot of these guys around :(

i really want to agree, because i really like the Bahres and they way that they try their hardest to keep everyone happy, but that track is a joke, its just a joke, the drivers hate it, the crews hate it, and most of the fans hate it (the only ones who dont live in New England and can't bare to loose the races) they took a 1 groove race track, and made it into a 1 1/2 groove race track, not an improvement, all it did was make for one of the most boring races ever, that track needs to be dug up, and put some banking in it, make it like the old dover, usually a pretty good race, but the current New Hampshire ain't getting the job done

In the Bahres defense the race was better to watch than previous races, how enjoyable was it watching Burton lead every lap?! I'll be the people who go to the races just to see the wrecks really enjoyed themselves too.

Regardless of who said what I think that track needs to be taken off the circut and something needs to be done about the restrictor plate races and I said it once I will say again they need to have more road courses

Kenny Irwin climbed the third turn wall and slid around it on the cars side. Adam Petty hit the turn three wall also. In both incidents hung throttles were cited as the culprit. Kill switches have been added to the cars as a result.

So I ask ya'll. Anybody see a car hit the 1st or 3rd Turn walls?

Not me. I saw drivers getting back in the gas too soon causing their cars to push up in to 2 and 4. I saw drivers mashing it down too hard on exit causing their cars to spin coming off. I saw kamakazi inside dives, and drivers cutting down which caused more than a few cars to find the wrecker. I saw driver error.

Kurt Busch (being the flat track ace that he is) described the track as "tricky" and makes up 3 laps to finish 8th. Ryan the Rookie grabs the 5th spot. Cueball, Robby, Kurt, and Kevin finish 6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th. Funny that those with not so much time between them and their roots were able to do so well.

Keep complaining about the tracks and soon enuf all yer gonna get is high speed parades on the banked cookie cutters. And remember that this is the owner that nascar told NOT to put in a soft wall system. And consider that Kyle was satisfied that Adam died due to a mechanical failure on the 45.

It ain't the track.

hey, if the track is not as fast, deal with it. i think they are too used to those spacious cookie cutter tracks like he said. i think it was a great article. he explained it all perfectly. guess it took some skill to drive on sunday. FINALLY a track that will take some SKILL to drive. I might start to like NHIS:p

Back
Top Bottom