Who do you think should be driver of Ganassi's 3rd car?

No question avaiable to import.

• John Andretti

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mike Wallace

• Bobby Hamilton

• Someone other than the above 3

• Total voters
D

DUPONT_24_fan

Who do you think should be the driver of Ganassi's 3rd car?

I'm hoping Ken Schrader. It would be nice if his career could get revived just like sterling's did.

im gonna make another thread for who should be in the 25, i dont know who should be in that car sorry :(

My guess is a young gun. Maybe Riggs? I read on Jayski that Leffler was the prime canidate, and that Andretti wanted to be in it.

Casey Atwood. He's wasting time where he is, and he is capable of winning races. Helluva nice kid too.

I think your right about Casey. I think Ray put the shaft to him and he should try to get out of his contract and go elsewhere.

I agree with TN--Casey Atwood.

I've read several places where some think Ray will do right by Casey but I honestly feel he'd be better off with someone else. I was so mad when Ray moved him from the 19 car for Jeremy. Of course, no one asked me. LOL

Ken Schrader.

with a decent car and crew he can be competitive

I'd love to see Ken Shrader get it, but I doubt that will happen. Everyone seems to want a "young gun". Okay, then...I like Scott Riggs. Or Hank Parker Jr. (except everyone seems to think he'll follow his buddy, Dale Jr. to DEI).

I don't think Casey Atwood should leave Ray Evernham. He may be getting the short end of the stick right now, but he's still quite young and will have more resources available to him when Bill Elliott retires. If he can wait that long...

I'd still love to see Shrader driving for Ganassi. That guy deserves a prime ride, IMO.

Chip needs a real race car driver; NASCAR talent is poor outside of the top ten in points. Chip needs to pull from open wheel - maybe punish Kenny Brack for all his DNF's . Brack to the third seat.:)

Kenny Brack spent some time in a stock car earlier this year...Paul Tracy talked about running stock cars if Team Green went to the IRL. If anyone were going to put these guys in stock cars, it would be Chip.

Jerry Nadeau, he said he would forfit his pay if he didn't show results.

Abooja, I agree with you about Casey and patience. Maybe Ray sees him as the heir apparent to Bill's digs. Maybe Bill's wisdom is being absorbed by Casey, and he will get the top dog ride there. Maybe this is the dues paying so many like to harp about. But if the youth movement really is on full swing, ya gotta strike while the iron is hot. Not many 22 year olds with Casey's amount of Cup-level experience.

I do think that once he gets a primo ride, he's a fixture in it. Like Martin is with Roush. I'd just hate to see him end up as the next Brett Bodine, a career field filler in second and third rate stuff.

I just find it interesting that Texaco is going to Ganassi and Rudd is not. Rudd said that they tried working things out, but they couldn't pound out a deal. Was there not enough $ on the table or what? I guess we'll never really know what happened there.

Originally posted by abooja
I'd love to see Ken Shrader get it, but I doubt that will happen. Everyone seems to want a "young gun". Okay, then...I like Scott Riggs. Or Hank Parker Jr. (except everyone seems to think he'll follow his buddy, Dale Jr. to DEI).  

I don't think Casey Atwood should leave Ray Evernham. He may be getting the short end of the stick right now, but he's still quite young and will have more resources available to him when Bill Elliott retires. If he can wait that long...  

I'd still love to see Shrader driving for Ganassi. That guy deserves a prime ride, IMO.
Yeah, I never thought about Hank Parker Jr. He has done well in Busch. And he is kinda used to the Dodge. PERFECT FIT.

Ya, I think Casey would finally prove himself in a Ganassi car.

Casey Atwood deserves much much better than what Ray is giving him. But I will say that his team must and will turn it around.

Interesting thought about Hank Parker Jr. Hasn't been stellar in Busch, but we've seen great guys come out having done worse, given an awesome racing background (Tony, Ryan,....) What's Hank's background?

Hank Parker Jr has done well in Busch?

WTF?

Two fuel mileage wins in his career.

16th in points this year, 15th last year. Todd Bodine has three fewer starts than Hank and is ahead of him in points.

He posts a top 10 about once every five starts.

Yeah, he's really tearing up the track.

(Note: Not that I don't like Hank, but I'd hardly consider him among the upper tier in t he BGN series.)

Parker's bio from NOL ...

Parker began racing in karts and quickly moved into Street Stocks and Late Model Stock Cars at Concord (N.C.) Motorsport Park. In the Slim Jim All Pro Series he scored three wins and two poles over two seasons, 1996 and 1997.

Back
Top Bottom