Who do you want to win the championship?

Chase Elliott is the only one out of this group that I'll be rooting for. Based on principle, Hamlin deserves it most, but :idunno:

Brad
Chase
The Shamlin
Logano

What I'm really hoping for is someone driving Logano like he's driven all year. Someone better "win the war" this time.

Obviously Chase. I also think Alan Gustafson is very deserving of a cup as a CC. He's had a very underrated career.
He’s been a championship competing CC from day 1 with Kyle Busch. He is a genius at putting speed in the car off the truck but strategy will always be his weakness.

He’s been a championship competing CC from day 1 with Kyle Busch. He is a genius at putting speed in the car off the truck but strategy will always be his weakness.
I agree and that is why I have felt that the no qualifying has been good for the 9 team this year because some of the other crew chiefs seem to have struggled since the pandemic. Two that come to mind are Greg Ives and Adam Stevens.

I keep forgetting how long some of these guys have been around.

I've been watching the 2007 season, after watching 2006. 2007 Kyle Busch/Alan >>>>05/06 imo.

This was the first season they showed consistent speed off the truck. I'm on race 11, the 24 and 48 had the most pace but in a handful of those races the 5 was just as good, especially at the beginning of the races/run, to your point.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Chase Elliott is the only one out of this group that I'll be rooting for. Based on principle, Hamlin deserves it most, but :idunno:
Under all 3 Chase formats from 04-13, Chase has a 25+ point cushion in each.

Chase, Denny, and Brad all deserve it imo.

First time in a while I've been happy with the final 4 across the board.

A first time champ is cool, but I really would like to see Brad win a second to sort of validate that first.

Brad was a bonehead in 2012 but beating Jimmie in his prime, imo, is the most impressive Championship season we've seen.

This year is tough. I'm a SHR guy so Harvick was my guy. I root for Ford drivers so naturally Brad & Joey are guys I want to see succeed. That being said, it would be amazing to see Chase get a championship at such a young age. Also, Hamlin is due for a championship himself. He's been close several times.

I honestly have no dog in this fight. They've all had a great season, especially Hamlin with 7 wins. If I had to pick between the 4, it would be Hamlin because he deserves it more.

Chase Elliott for me. He’s one of the guys I cheer for weekly and I think NASCAR would get a shot in the arm of momentum going into next year if he wins. I do have some sentiment for Brad (I think I’ve forgiven him for 14 at Texas, he was going for it), to take on Jimmie/Chad in 12 at the height of their powers and actually beat them? That’s still incredible to me, I hope he gets that second title eventually to prove to those that need it that 12 title wasn’t a fluke. He’s such a good driver, a thinking man’s driver and always brings it home. So if he wins, that won’t be bad at all. The other two? Keep it.

I want to see Brad take one away from Hamlin just for old times sake OR
Joey to win another to show that hard racing is what it is all about.

Chase Elliott for me. He’s one of the guys I cheer for weekly and I think NASCAR would get a shot in the arm of momentum going into next year if he wins. I do have some sentiment for Brad (I think I’ve forgiven him for 14 at Texas, he was going for it), to take on Jimmie/Chad in 12 at the height of their powers and actually beat them? That’s still incredible to me, I hope he gets that second title eventually to prove to those that need it that 12 title wasn’t a fluke. He’s such a good driver, a thinking man’s driver and always brings it home. So if he wins, that won’t be bad at all. The other two? Keep it.
That's how I feel about Brad. Outside of a few of Johnson's dominant championships, I think Brad's 2012 title is the most impressive championship in the last 25-30 years given the context and the reasons that you said. I think all of us assumed he would have won another championship by now and he was the next all-time great. He's continued to win his share of races, but he has yet to win that second championship that validates the first one. They're not many drivers who have won more than one championship, I would really like to see Brad join that elite company.

I'm probably biased a bit because (like Harvick) I don't like Hamlin, but at the same time while he may deserve a championship, I almost think he may be remembered better without one. Right now he's kind of in the same category as Mark Martin as the greatest to never win one vs being one of many (though I know it's still not a whole lot) who have just one.

That being said I'm a William Byron and/or Tyler Reddick fan, and also have always liked Kyle Larson. I was also a huge Dale JR fan so I'd like to Chase win out of the 4, being a Hendrick car/chevy.

Back
Top Bottom