Who else...

paul

Team Owner
Who else thought that this was the most nerve-wracking laps of the race?

earnhardt_stewart.jpg

I like Todd and all, but man...get out of the way.

I just don't know what Todd was thinking.

A lap down and he's trying to split the front picks.

As you can see, Tony was having none of it.

You aint kiddin' paul. I get afraid everytime Jr and them get around Todd, afraid he'll wreck em. By the way, did you see that move by Bodine near the end of the race? When he ran, I believe it was Jeff Green, off the track and almost wrecked himself?

No, I missed that.

I saw Todd get rammed from behind and almost lose it. What a save.

I didn't see him wrecking Jeff Green, though.

That might of been it, I dont know, but I just saw the 30 car somewhere in that mess. What did ya think about McMurray? Think he deserves a pat on the head or what?

Todd got a little sideways, one thing I noticed throughout the whole race, Todd was all over the track, did alot of sliding. Maybe his car just wasn't handling right.

Most definately. :)

What was he saying...that he didn't even know anyone's name on the team until Sunday morning.

How's that for pressure?

Yeah, that was an amazing save by Todd, but that business at the end did get on my nerves.

I'm glad that Tony enjoys drafting with Jr. so much. I doubt he'd have won otherwise. :)

He was running top5 - top10 all day until he ran out of gas there around the end. I say he did a pretty good job, especially for being put in that seat a few days before the race.

Tony was just looking at the bigger picture.

It coulda been Buckshot in the lead, Tony wasn't going anywhere.

Its gonna be nothin' but points racin' for here on out for the top drivers in the chase.

Originally posted by bud_stud
Its gonna be nothin' but points racin' for here on out for the top drivers in the chase.

Except for Tony.

He doesn't points race.

Think there is a dustpan big enough for all this? haha..

junior_sweep.jpg

I'm out to work guys, be good.

bud stud, at least they gave him a big enough broom. When DE swept in '99 they had him sweeping with a little bitty thing. LOL

That pic scared me all over again, Paul. 'Bout wet my pants yesterday watching Todd trying to split Junior and Tony.

Yelled at the TV, spilled my drink, and dumped potato chips all over the floor.

However, Todd did make a great save earlier in the race. Sideways at 185. Whew.

You can tell JR hasn't done that alot. Sweep that is, that broom doesn't fit his hand like a steering wheel. lol:D

I'd hate to be TRL's housekeeper, with all the spilled chips and spewed tea on her monitor. :p

Originally posted by pbunch
No that was Dennis.:D Unless you mean Jethro Bodine 18.:D

My bad! Dennis was the menace.

Seriousley, Todd about causes a wreck for every race he makes.

Actually I think he's a New Yorker.:)

Not necessarily one of the favorites, Bodine is a talented driver. His save after getting bumped sideways was astonishing.

It is hard to understand sometimes that the mid and back packers driving less that star quality machinery are involved in mishaps for that very reason. Every lap of every race they have to push the equipment closer to the edge just to maintain. No easy task and in many cases a thankless one.

Todd Bodine is a hell of a driver, it's just fashionable to dislike him. I've seen him drive every kind of car and he's good.

Originally posted by bowtie
You can tell JR hasn't done that alot. Sweep that is, that broom doesn't fit his hand like a steering wheel. lol:D

bowtie, Junior admitted he always wanted to race, but didn't let his father know because his dad's idea of getting into racing was to start with sweeping the floor at the shop. LOL

Paul, I'm with you about Todd. I've seen him race almost anything and do very well. They just don't get any respect.

I am a fan of The Cue Ball Headed Fool because he's a Hero or Zero kind of racer.

I don't think I've ever seen him in ride-around mode.

Originally posted by TexasRaceLady
However, Todd did make a great save earlier in the race.  Sideways at 185.  Whew.

I guess he figured he could actually save a racecar instead of crashing it. (which he is good at)

Does you think the anti-Bodine bias has something to do with the fact that they're from New York?

-- As if where they're from upstate has any connection whatsoever (other than geography and taxes) to NYC, the real object of most outsider derision.

I mean, if that's what it is, then I'd understand it more.

Originally posted by paul
Just wondering what you're referring to when you say he's good at wrecking cars.

It just seems to me that whenever I watch a race, Cup or Busch, he seems to wreck or be on the verge of wrecking. Why is it that I always fear for the other drivers when he is around them? I know I am not the only one.

Maybe you fear for the other drivers because Todd gives right back what he gets and makes no excuses?

They all trade paint, and being a Harvick fan I would think that aggresive driving was what you liked.

Maybe you fear for the other drivers because Todd gives right back what he gets and makes no excuses?

They all trade paint, and being a Harvick fan I would think that aggresive driving was what you liked.

And you've said in the past that you're a big fan on the no-contact pass. Certainly not what Todd is known for.

I'm not doubting his ability to race, but if you're honestly saying he hasn't been the cause of a ton of incidents this yr in both Cup and BGN, then you haven't been watching (and I know that's not the case).

I am a fan of the no contact pass.

HS said it best:

It is hard to understand sometimes that the mid and back packers driving less that star quality machinery are involved in mishaps for that very reason. Every lap of every race they have to push the equipment closer to the edge just to maintain. No easy task and in many cases a thankless one.

He's wrecked twice this year...where are the stats and/or examples that he "wrecks cars a lot"?

It's just funny when fans of the biggest bump-n-runners out there, call a driver out for doing exactly what their driver does all the time.

Harvick especially. I can understand it coming from a Labonte fan, as Bobby is one of the cleanest drivers out there, but coming from fans of Harvick, Earnhardt etc...it's reeks of hypocricy.

I am a fan of the no contact pass.

HS said it best:

He's wrecked twice this year...where are the stats and/or examples that he "wrecks cars a lot"?

It's just funny when fans of the biggest bump-n-runners out there, call a driver out for doing exactly what their driver does all the time.

Harvick especially.  I can understand it coming from a Labonte fan, as Bobby is one of the cleanest drivers out there, but coming from fans of Harvick, Earnhardt etc...it's reeks of hypocricy.

Overall, I saw a good, clean race. Equipment problems may have caused some problems, BUT for a plate race it was a surprise.

No sense in blaming ANY driver, altho that was a bonehead move by Todd.

I'm a fan of the bump and runners.:) Tap tap let me by (on the straights).....no response. Tap tap let me by (just entering the turn)......no response. TAP! Bye bye (just before exiting the turn).....no response necessary.:D

How many times has Harvick bumped people out of the way this year?

Originally posted by 66mustang
How many times has Harvick bumped people out of the way this year?

Not many mustang!:) But once you aquire the rep you just can never shake it!:)

Originally posted by DE Wrangler 2
I'm a fan of the bump and runners.:)   Tap tap let me by (on the straights).....no response.  Tap tap let me by (just entering the turn)......no response.  TAP!  Bye bye (just before exiting the turn).....no response necessary.:D

DE, I think it depends on the track. I like the bump and run, done RIGHT (like the ad where Jr fixes his skipping cd), or like Jeff did.

Just NOT at 185 mph

Originally posted by kat2220
DE, I think it depends on the track. I like the bump and run, done RIGHT (like the ad where Jr fixes his skipping cd), or like Jeff did.

Just NOT at 185 mph

No argument from me.......but what are the RIGHT tracks to bump and run on? :)

Because they are faster Paul.......you can't run up and bump someone if you are slower!:) If they persist in blocking then as a race car driver you have to move (gently if possible) them out of your way. Some can do it better than others.:)

Back
Top Bottom