who have you seen?

B

bowtie

who have you seen win in person in Winston Cup?

I can't remember them all but here's some of them--
Jimmy Spencer, Mark Martin(2),Sterling Marlin(2),Dale Earnhardt(2), Jeff Gordon(2), Elliott Sadler, Bobby Labonte, Terrry Labonte, Dale Jarrett, Bobby Hamilton, Matt Kenseth

there are a few more but I can't remember right now.:D

Met Dale in Jan. of 1998, Dale,Jr in '97, Sterling in '99. Talked to him the most. Also talked to Harry Gant and Larry Mac for a while....

I have seen Kevin Lepage back in 2000 at a Ford Dealership. I have also seen Greg Biffle, David Green, and Larry Foyt in 2002. I saw Tony Raines this year.

You wouldn't believe the way I met Junior Johnson. I never really cared for the man before that, but after I had met the man and shook his hand, it changed my mind about him. (Oh, I don't care for his politics, but what the heck, we all can't be perfect!) :)

Is the question who you have seen win at the race you are attending or who you have met in person?

Darrell Waltrip win 3 times (2) @ Wilkesboro and once @ Bristol. Mark Martin once @ Bristol and twice at Charlotte one of those was the winston though.
Dale Jarrett 2 times at Darlington and once at charlotte. Jeff Gordon twice at Darlington and twice at Charlotte. Bobby Labonte @ Charlotte. Terry Labonte @ Charlotte. Rusty Wallace @ Bristol. Jeff Burton @ Darlington. Ward @ Rockingham his 1st ever and then @ Darlington i guess that was his second ever.

Met most of the current drivers when I had pit passes to Bristol. Spent the most time talking to Ward Burton (I actually changed allegiance that day to Ward), Jimmy Spencer, Elliott Sadler, and Ricky Rudd. But I met about half of them and saw most of the rest.

I also met Tiny Lund way back when.

I've met many others who have raced in WC, but may not be regulars. L.D. Ottinger, Jack Ingram, Jimmy Hensley, Morgan Shepherd and more from that era.

I've seen Sterling Marlin and Ryan Newman (Busch) win in Michigan in 2001.

The only race I've been to Matt Kenseth won. Hope to add a few more names to that list in 2003:)

I have seen and gotten autographs from Jason Keller, Ryan Newman, and Ward Burton. I have seen Jeff Gordon win at Kansas and Jeff Green win in The Busch Series at Kansas.

I've seen Bobby Allison, Ernie Irvin and Sterling Marlin. I also saw Richard Petty in a parade.

Tony Stewart and Dale Jr. The only two drivers with enough balls to come to Minnesota!!

Johnny Benson and Jack Sprague at Berlin Raceway
Cale Yarborough, Jerry Nadeau, and Ted Musgrave at MIS
Cotton Owens, Dick Brooks, James Hylton, Bud Moore, Roger Mandeville, Chuck Piazza, David Pearson, Louise Smith, Rex White at Piedmont Speedway in Spartanburg
Jimmie Johnson at Rockingham
Smokey Yunick and Morgan Shepard at Charlotte Motor Speedway

Kel

I might have misunderstood the thread...

The drivers who won the races I went to are Richard Petty, Cale Yarbrough (twice), Benny Parsons, Mark Martin, and the other one I forget!

Back
Top Bottom