Who Is Going To The 500????

N

NewmanFan

Who is going to the Daytona 500? And I honestly hope that you win that free 6-pack from Miller. Im not a Rusty fan by any means i just have that hunch that he will win the 500 this year.

Went there the year Earnhardt died and will never go back. Not because of that horrible accident, but because I didn't care for watching the race from the grandstands. I've been told that watching from the front stretch is lots better, but we were seated in the Super Stretch and they don't call the stands for nothing! :) I'll be watching this race in my easy chair from now on.

I'll have to miss it again this year. Since I changed jobs, I don't have a lot of leave built up...

Buck, where are your seats? We sit in the Tiny Lund section about 20 rows from the top, just at the start of the backstretch. We can see the whole track from there. We lose the cars for about a split secong as they enter the tri-oval.

------------------------------------------------------
| |
| x
| |
| |
| | The x is supposed to be about one third in from the left
------------------------------------------------------

Right about where the x is. LOL I don't remember the name or the row but we were about 5 or 6 rows down from the top. Got a great view of Tony's car going through the air. We could see almost the complete track, but again, it was so far away and the TV's didn't really help that much. What got me though was that everyone stood up for the entire race. I've experienced it now and I'm satisfied. I'm glad that I did, but as I said, I won't do it again.

I've sat on the front & back at daytona. The front is better because of the curve of the dogleg allows you to see more. On the back with everyone standing up it's hard to see anything.98 was my last daytona race. I'll be watching on TV from now on. You can see more of the race on TV than being there.
Joe

Back
Top Bottom