Who is the biggest surprise and/or disappointment after Race 7/36??

I guess I could see expecting him above the 7 and 38
Yeah further clarifying my statement I didn’t expect Jones to outrun Harvick. Briscoe even. But the other two at SHR, sure. I could have bought him outrunning the two Roush entries but more likely they’d run around each other. Maybe my expectations were too high for LMC

kez on the good side and aj on the whats the hell is going on side.

kez on the good side and aj on the whats the hell is going on side.
Kaulig is a little off but not by much. AJ qualified 7th at COTA and Unfortunately ended up in a wreck. Haleys average finish is about 3 spots lower than last year. I think AJ will win one of the remaining RC races and make the playoffs. Chris is a great manager and people person so I believe he will get things moving in the right direction.

Outside of road courses AJ didn't do much in Xfinity last year either

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
A.J. is a hail Mary for a chase spot and if he gets there, the chase isn't all road courses. He's better than Haley though.

Surprise: Corey Lajoie. Holy ****, I’ve always known he was good but he is overachieving bigtime.

Disappointment: Legacy. After the way Erik Jones ran last season, I expected to see more. Especially with the addition of Jimmie Johnson.
Dittos to this statement. LaJoie has been competitive to good at most tracks so far. Not contending for a win but a strong 15th or better performance. Wondering if the Legacy group is stretched a bit thin? Their cars aren’t coming off the hauler fast enough to qualify well, and it’s a labor to gain anything in race.

BTW, I do not think Trackhouse has lost anything. I think they got out ahead of most teams with the new car last year, and other teams are catching up. They’re still competitive, but not top 5 every race. Byron and HMS very good so far, but no team is dominating.

I am a little disappointed in Kyle at RCR. Last week Dillon did a better job. I don't know if they can't give him a good enough car or is he on the retirement run.

Legacy motorsports has to be the biggest disappointment at this time. I really expected much more from them this year. Seems JJ is an owner in name only as I have not seen him around outside of the two (well 1 race + half a lap) races he has run so far.
He has been present at other races, they've shown him on TV and on social media.

I'm surprised at people being surprised about Legacy. Petty GMS sucked so why would attaching Jimmie's name make a difference? Same with Kez and Roush. If you suck for 15 years chances are you'll still suck the 16th year. Incremental change. I think ideally both teams start running like Childress. Hits and misses but not running top 10 every week yet.

On the retirement run? He won a race like six weeks ago.
It's a reasonable stretch we make when a championship caliber driver simply isn't championship caliber anymore, and sadly, Kyle isn't championship caliber and hasn't been championship caliber since mid 2019.

Not sure why this isn't talked about enough. Kyle Busch in his peak was winning 5 races a year, and during his prime, he averaged a smidge over 3 races per year. He's won 5 times since his last cup championship almost 4 years ago.

Retirement run? No. Past his prime/no longer championship caliber? Well, it's been 4 years since he's left his prime.

Not sure why people treat Kyle like a contender. He's one of the best ever, but he wasn't championship caliber with Gibbs these last 3 years, a downgrade in equipment was only going to expose that, sadly.

I'd be surprised to see him win another 6 races before he retires.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Kyle Busch’s average finish through 9 races is 13.4
Reddick through 9 races in 2022 had an average finish of 14.9
I expected Kyle to run about like Reddick did last year, and he is.

A.J. is a hail Mary for a chase spot and if he gets there, the chase isn't all road courses. He's better than Haley though.
1681825639004.png

Back
Top Bottom