Who knows alot about computers?

66mustang

My dad put a internet firewall on and I'm trying to get it off. I don't know how to do it though. If anybody knows how please tell me.

Why would you want to remove the firewall?

Firewalls protect your pc from incoming traffic.

Are you saying he put something on the computer that won't let you into sites? Like a Net nanny?

I want to download music or videos or even go into chat rooms but I can't because of the firewall.

Originally posted by 66mustang
I want to download music or videos or even go into chat rooms but I can't because of the firewall.

I have zone alarm on mine and i am able to do all you want to do...what firewall do you have? are you sure it is a firewall????

:)

If it's a firewall then it's most likely configured to prevent certain types of activities.......your dad configured it so maybe he doesn't want the activities you want and did it on purpose. You need to take it up with him. I doubt if anyone here is going to tell you how to defeat it. But even if we could tell you, I'm sure it's password protected so you are most likely out of luck with your question. I'm with IronMan, sounds like a net nanny.

I'm not trying to get into dirty stuff - don't think that. I could download music and do everything then he said he put a firewall on and I couldn't do anything after that. It really sucks.

Talk to your dad mustang......explain what you want to do. We can't help you. Sorry. Unless the firewall is configured to allow certain activities, it will block them. That's what firewalls are for.

Yup, sounds more like a net nanny than a firewall. But whatever ya know. Best I can say.....being a dad myself....is that if you defeat it (and I'm certain it can be defeated) and I find out about it I'm gonna be torked.

Best just talk to yer pa.

He says "he doesn't know how to take it off" - so that's why I'm seeing if anybody else out there knows how.

Must be net nanny because we still have not heard a name of the firewall. You better hope he didn't install a key logger too.

Firewalls don't block you from going to sites etc. Firewalls block incoming traffic.

Would be best, as everyone here has stated, to be upfront with your Dad, tell him the things you would like to do and if he sees fit he will let ya.

Yea it makes sense because downloading music is peer to peer.

He probably doesn't want you downloading the music, talk about virus city. Plus it takes up alot of disc space and lets people get into your computer while you are downloading even with a firewall. Like we have said you need to talk to your dad. Take it from a former napster addict and many headaches later our computer finally works properly again.

I have never had any virus problems when I would download music. I used Audiogalaxy instead of Napster. Like I said before though, he said he doesn't know how to take it off. I'm wondering if it is just an excuse or if he really means it. So I figured I'd find out for him.

It's just an excuse (your word). Seems the fact is that he doesn't want you to do what you want to do. I gather he owns the computer as well as the connection........respect it!! When you get your own computer and your own internet connection and all the bills for software and maintenance, then you can do what you want. But, apparently you don't have the means at this time to do that so you will just have to live with it. It's been several days since you first posted this thread and no one's offered to help you defeat the firewall or net nanny yet.....don't guess anyone will either.

Oh Behaveeeeeeeeee,66.You have got a lot of good advice here.Heed the call my friend.:) You can get in all the trouble a man like you needs right here.:)

I guess everybodys right. I don't really own all of the equipment (I do pay half of the internet bill) so I have to respect him. Thanks anyway and sorry for the stupid tread.

Not a stupid thread my friend,I am glad your here,Instead of out causing trouble in other ways. :)

Originally posted by pbunch
Not a stupid thread my friend,I am glad your here,Instead of out causing trouble in other ways. :)

And I second that mustang........just be patient bud!! Your time will come.:D

Back
Top Bottom