Who will be the 2020 Rookie of the Year?

Who is ROY?

• Tyler Reddick

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Christopher Bell

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Cole Custer

Votes: 21 58.3%
  • John Hunter Nemechek

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brennan Poole

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Custer or Bell probably have a hardware advantage. Bell's with a satellite and Custer's with a mother-ship, so Custer.

Although personally I want JHN.

8 car had good speed in it, I'll venture a guess that Reddick finds a way to utilize it during the race.

I'm surprised how underrated he seems. Hemric put that car up there during qualifying but just couldn't get long run speed. Reddick has far more talent.

Yes, I think Reddick figures it out on race-pace for them, not just qualifying up front to fall back to mid-20's.

Honestly, unless Gibbs goes out on a limb to help LFR, I think Reddick has a better car than Bell.

That's the biggest question mark to me, if Gibbs turns to the 95 into essentially their 5th car "via support", then Bell is going to be tough to beat.

That's the biggest question mark to me, if Gibbs turns to the 95 into essentially their 5th car "via support", then Bell is going to be tough to beat.
That's what it sounds like to me that car will basically be a full-fledged Gibbs car so I think people have been saying that Custer will have an equipment Advantage but I really think that Bell will have the best equipment unless something changes from last year

i was just going to say bell because he is my guy,but after reading all this its going to be a great race for it.i guess to next pole will be who will win first

Why do you say that? Bell hasn't run a cup race yet and when he does many of the back markers will race him real hard. Besides with all that JGR gave him in Xfinity he didn't win a championship. If his car is perfect he wins, if not he crashes out.

Why do you say that? Bell hasn't run a cup race yet and when he does many of the back markers will race him real hard. Besides with all that JGR gave him in Xfinity he didn't win a championship. If his car is perfect he wins, if not he crashes out.

I'm going to agree here....I really don't know how Bell will do, but the hype is big.

I really like Reddick and how he did in the 2 but Richard's Cup cars have been pretty awful, maybe that top 10 in the 31 was no fluke.

Maybe the family driver doesn't give good feed back? I think Reddick will challenge his CC to be better OR maybe the CC can be more daring with a better driver. :rolleyes:

Cole Custer has the advantage already.

We will see just how much more resources are spilled into that 95 coupled with Bell's apparent talent.

I am expecting Tyler Reddick to elevate the 8 team. It may take some time for them to gel, but I think we'll be looking back on some memorable performances come 2020's conclusion.

And Reddick has back to back Xfinity championships coming to cup. All three of these guys have excellent pedigrees. Reddick and Custer go to teams that need to win. Bell is not going to get the same effort behind him IMO because he's on an underfunded affiliate team AND the need to win from the mothership 4 isn't as important. They had to advance Bell to cup, they held him back a year already.

Or the fact that he's never raced (or possibly even drove?) a cup car might be a little bit of a disadvantage.

Eh I don’t see that being as detrimental. For me the biggest thing is the aggressiveness of the big series, those guys will absolutely push you around on Sundays. While Xfinity and Trucks has some drivers doing dumb ****, the fight for positioning is nuts at the cup level

I think its gonna be Custer.

8 car had good speed in it, I'll venture a guess that Reddick finds a way to utilize it during the race.
He's a driver, but the 8's speed is erratic from race to race so I don't think he'll make a season of it. Like Charlie S said, Custer will have the car.

He's a driver, but the 8's speed is erratic from race to race so I don't think he'll make a season of it. Like Charlie S said, Custer will have the car.

I'm banking on them improving with Reddick's experience/talent. Honestly, want all of them do well, just want to see a really good ROY battle.

I think the speed is there just not the set up the driver can handle.

I think Custer did the most with little at Homestead. He also was clearly out driving those guys on the short run. Every single run.

I think Custer is the guy

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Custer and Reddick going toe to toe with JHN in striking distance. Reddick was running top5 at Phoenix before the bad luck hit.

Bell has some catching up to do. The 2 month long break may be what he needed to regroup though.

Back
Top Bottom