Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Denny Hamlin

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Other

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters

Joker

#1 Harvick Fan
I think it'll either be Aric or Clint, whoever performs worse and likely misses the playoffs.

Huehuehue. Wanna change your votes now?

Huehuehue. Wanna change your votes now?
Yes, I figured when he said he was doing less tv ti focus on racing and family that Harvick was nearing the end. Now I'm not sure who so I went with other because it could be a surprise.

Yes, I figured when he said he was doing less tv ti focus on racing and family that Harvick was nearing the end. Now I'm not sure who so I went with other because it could be a surprise.

For some reason I get a feeling Hamlin may be an Edwards if he doesn't win a cup. I honestly think winning one would extend his career.

This here thread reminds me of the awesome RF power.
• A has Harvick lost a step thread started the work. Then this poll goes up and boom Harvick signs an extension just likd that. It is not coincidental.
• Just a few years ago we posted Jeff Gordon back in to caring.
• A few years ago @SlicedBread22 starting posting a lot of positive thoughts for Joey Lagano while he was still struggling at JGR. Going to Penkse was a good move but the threads just does not get enough credit for the turn around.
• A Matt DiBenedetto appreciation thread goes up and boom Paul Meanard gets altruistic.
• We probably could have saved Carl Edwards career if we had only known of the struggle to continue.
• This is a tough season coming up for Brad, will he ever get back to the 2012 form, have we done enough for Brad here at RF?

I like to think I willed Kevin into that extension.

Harvick would of been my first guess but.......................so I am going to say Kurt, it sounded like he was getting close but decided to stick around to try out the new car.

Harvick would of been my first guess but.......................so I am going to say Kurt, it sounded like he was getting close but decided to stick around to try out the new car.

Which he's promptly had success with. If anyone is retiring due to production, I think it'll be Newman. Kurt is a threat to win week in and week out. How long does Newmam want to be known as the guy who hangs around mid pack and is a pain for the leader to pass?

Which he's promptly had success with. If anyone is retiring due to production, I think it'll be Newman. Kurt is a threat to win week in and week out. How long does Newmam want to be known as the guy who hangs around mid pack and is a pain for the leader to pass?
Not the current car , the Gen 7 car, he that is one reason that kept him from retiring was he wants to race it.

Honestly, I can see Newman being the next one, and the only reason why I went with Kurt was his wording on why he stayed on for another year and it just sounded like he is getting close to that point, or maybe thats how I took it and its not the case :idunno:

Not the current car , the Gen 7 car, he that is one reason that kept him from retiring was he wants to race it.

Honestly, I can see Newman being the next one, and the only reason why I went with Kurt was his wording on why he stayed on for another year and it just sounded like he is getting close to that point, or maybe thats how I took it and its not the case :idunno:

Oh he probably was, after getting shafted by SHR he was probably at the end of his rope. But having a championship run at Ganassi has probably changed his mind.

Oh he probably was, after getting shafted by SHR he was probably at the end of his rope. But having a championship run at Ganassi has probably changed his mind.
Oh sure, I bet that played a big part in his decision to stay around for a bit longer.

• A has Harvick lost a step thread started the work. Then this poll goes up and boom Harvick signs an extension just likd that. It is not coincidental.
• A few years ago @SlicedBread22 starting posting a lot of positive thoughts for Joey Lagano while he was still struggling at JGR. Going to Penkse was a good move but the threads just does not get enough credit for the turn around.
• A Matt DiBenedetto appreciation thread goes up and boom Paul Meanard gets altruistic.
• We probably could have saved Carl Edwards career if we had only known of the struggle to continue.
• This is a tough season coming up for Brad, will he ever get back to the 2012 form, have we done enough for Brad here at RF?
Yeah he basically owes his championship to me :D

I just saw this thread sorry. People actually thought Jeff Gordon didnt care anymore? Wow..... I have to say I was a frustrated fan when he won 1 race in 3 seasons, but I never question a guy's heart. I did want him to leave HMS and join JGR especially was jealous when Kenseth had his amazing first season in the 20 I always thought "Man that coulda been Jeff" But everything worked out... thats why I am a fan and not in the sport ha ha

It was just a silly thread not meant to be taken seriously.
But a few highlights
Jeff was being held hostage or forced to continue to race in spite of the lost passion.
Jeff wanted to move to his wife's homeland of Belgium and pursue his new passion of chasing Butterflies.

He started performing better near end of the thread. He obviously read the thread and became remotivated.

I would have said Kurt or Newman, but it seems like with the news lately Denny is preparing for life after driving pretty soon.

Clint, even though he got an extension this year.
I would have said Newman but I think his pension is getting split up.

So for clarity, is this only retirement by choice or because they lose a ride too? If it's the latter also then I'd have to guess Clint because I don't believe he's signed for next year yet and the time is getting late.

Kurt Busch is the big retirement this year. Maybe Newman too, although I feel like Newman will ride around until he's no longer welcome.

Back
Top Bottom