Who's Gonna Win The Points?

C

cutiepie24

who do you think is gonna win the points race this year??????

I'm rooting for the rookie...he seems so down to earth about the whole thing too because he had no clue that he jumped in the lead with the pts, until they interviewed him.

Probably Tony Stewart.....but JJ could do it! Gordon has to depend on several people having a little bad luck and for him to have very good luck.......not looking good right now for him. But, heck, that guy has proven me wrong way too many times to say that with any certainity at all.:) I'm afraid Mark is on his way down in the points........a shame but that's what I think. And, as I predicted a long time ago, Marlin is just not up to the task (though I did think he would go downhill much sooner than he actually did:) )

So I'll stick with Tony........with a little hedge towards JJ.:D

Well I was going for Sterling but that looks like its not gonna happen now(what bad luck he has been having) So i am with Either mark or Jimmie. it would be kinda cool to see Jimmie do it since he is a rookie, but mark is a vetran and has came close to winning befor and is long over do.

I'm pulling for Martin. If he can't, I hope Stewart will.

Before this week I would have said Mark Martin, I'll tell my answer next week after Talladega:)

Originally posted by SelesFreak
Lol...taking it race by race then huh?

That's what I do.........this points thing this year is as close as it gets!! Can I borrow your crystal ball so I can know for sure?:D

Lol good strategy since the pts is close...uhm if I had a single piece of crystal on me I'd give it to you but remember I'm a poor college student here.

Its not done yet either. I personally thing Newman and Kenseth are going to go on a good spell and join the points chase.

Yep, not done until its done...I certainly like the closeness compared to somebody being a million pts ahead.

Originally posted by 66mustang
Its not done yet either.  I personally thing Newman and Kenseth are going to go on a good spell and join the points chase.

Probably mathmatically possible for either to do it..........but boy would Mark, JJ, Tony, Sterling and Jeffie have to have some hellaciously rotten luck to boot!! There are only 7 left......maybe 2 or 3 races ago they could be reasonably considered, but it's getting a little late for any serious run at the Championship if you are more than a hundred points out.:)

I've still got my money on Jeff.

Of the three ahead of him right now, JJ inexperience will cost him in the end, MM will continue to slide as he has in past years and TS will get frustrated and his temper will cost him.

All three of these drivers have the ability to win it but JG experience will prevail.

JMO!!!!:)

Anyone but Gordon. I don't care who it is, anyone but Gordon. Even though I hate Sterling Marlin, I'd rather see him win over Gordon.

Still think Mark will get it done. We'll know a lot more after the demolition derby is over with.

Maybe Mark oughta just get a lap down and run by himself. That way he'll miss the wreck and finish 7th. :D

Im going to have to agree with 66mustang--Newman (and not just because he's my driver) or Kenseth. It seems that Kenseth has found the consistency the last few races and i think he may have a couple more wins coming soon. Newman I mean come on, how can you just come in and be this spectacular-----I know Jimmie Johnson has 3 wins but man alive whats up with 5 second place finishes.

Originally posted by Ciggie
Anyone but Gordon.  I don't care who it is, anyone but Gordon.  Even though I hate Sterling Marlin, I'd rather see him win over Gordon.

Just so I understand, you don't want Jeff Gordon to win the championship?:)

IMO Stewart has the edge this week but I could change my mind next week.:rolleyes:

Of course, I am putting my money and heart on Smoke, but if he comes in 2nd, I hope Mark Martin brings it home.

Tony.........but I wouldn't mind seeing a rookie pull it off!

I think it is going to come down to one of the two Hendricks cars winning the title like in 1996. I'm hoping Jeff Gordon can get his 5th title but the rookie Jimmie Johnson might hold him off and win it for himself. Either way it will be a win-win for Jeff Gordon since he would win a title either way (driver or owner).

My heart says Jeff or Jimmie, but I think Smoke will win it this year as long as he keeps the temper under control. My sentimental pick is Mark Martin.

:D It would be cool if the rookie did and made history. But I will have to go witha Vet. Mark Martin.

SMOKE of course. If SMOKE can't do it, I hope Kenseth finds a way up there!!!

CMON Smoke, drive it like ya stole it:D

Jeff Gordon to win Cup #5...
...if not then Jimmie Johnson becomes 1st rookie ever to win the Winston Cup Chamoionship in NASCAR history!:satisfied

My money's on Tony. I'd like to see Mark win it, but I really think Tony's gonna pull it out. I just don't want a rookie to get it...
-Rich

Id take Jeff Gordon yet again. Hes just too consistent to let it up. But we wont know until the end of the year...

Back
Top Bottom