Who's The Better Driver?

I actuallly likr Robby Gordon. I felt bed for him when he ran out of gas at Indy a few years back. There are plenty of other drivers that wreck more than Robby. Robby is a great driver, you don't almost win an Indy 500 sucking, and I think he is going to win a race this year.

Originally posted by gordon24fan@Apr 20 2003, 09:25 PM
I actuallly likr Robby Gordon. I felt bed for him when he ran out of gas at Indy a few years back. There are plenty of other drivers that wreck more than Robby. Robby is a great driver, you don't almost win an Indy 500 sucking, and I think he is going to win a race this year.
Your right Robbie is not the worst driver on the track. But I don't see him winning a race this year or ending up in the top 15 in points. Thats my opinion. ( But I could be wrong I have been before. LOL)

Veering from the topic,but to the point:Yes.Robby Gordon is a better all around driver than Jr.is and his record supports it.(Watch Kerry Earnhardt drive and you are looking at an Earnhardt without the money or the 'sanctioning approval'.)

Hey----it's my opinion anyway! :salute:

Originally posted by gordon24fan@Apr 20 2003, 04:25 PM
of course robby could win. there still are two road courses on the schedule right?

You know what I thought was the most astounding fact on that SI chart I posted...that Smoke,aka Tony Stewart was on the least likely to wreck list because his first two years in WC he was a wrecking machine. He may not have been involed in all of them, but he caused more than any other driver. He raced like he was still in IRL, weaving & swerving around other cars. That worked for the open wheelers because of the better down force in those cars, but it took a lot of WC drivers out of races when he did that, especially when he was down on the apron & ended cutting in front of a driver.

The race I remember the most was at Michigan in August, it was '99. Tony did the open wheel swerve & took out Jeff Burton...I listened to Jeff on the scanner & was amazed at how calm he was. If that was me, I would have been ripping the rookie a new A-hole, especially when ESPN threw the mic in my face.

Back
Top Bottom