whose the best driver never to win a championship?

G

ghettozoe03

i kinda stold this from another board-----i know already pettybensonfan who you will pick, but this does not have to be your fave driver or a driver that still drive, so who do yall think is the best driver to never win a championship?

Originally posted by ghettozoe03
i kinda stold this from another board-----i know already pettybensonfan who you will pick, but this does not have to be your fave driver or a driver that still drives, so who do yall think is the best driver to never win a championship?

oops i was tryin to edit and i sorta push quote instead

I'd have to go with Mark Martin on this one. He's been awfully close a few times(even had one stolen right out from under him)but just never could seal the deal. Maybe this year it'll be his turn.

I'd have just as easy a time to name the greatest to ever win one.

To get started:

Curtis Turner
Fireball Roberts
Fred Lorenzen
Jumior Johnson
Tim Richmond
Davey Allison
Harry Gant
Neil Bonnet

Id say Davey Allison he would of won a few if he wasent killed and Alan K would of won more too.

I would say Mark Martin. His professionalism and class is beyond compare.

Plus I know it was Dale that got him.

Davey Allison would of won one if it wasn't for his death. He was a great driver on a good team, he had everything in place to be a championship contendor.

Technically, it's Mark Martin. He won one in 1990 but had it stolen from him, so on paper he hasn't won one yet. Otherwise, I go with Davey Allison in the modern era, and Fireball Roberts in the pre-modern era.

I would have to say Mark Martin. Professional, courteous, and all around good guy. He changed himself to better himself. I think it shows.

Mark Martin. Then Davey Allison and Tim Richmond. 4th- Tony Stewart. He's that DARN good :)

I'm only 27 years old, and have only been watching NASCAR the last 22 years, so I can't go back any farther ;)

Gonna have to go with Tim Richmond on this one. That team was primed for something big. Sadly, we will never know.

I gave this a little thought.Like a lot of you,I think a lot of the old guys should have won a title,Johnson,Turner,Roberts.etc.And I think that both Davey Allison or Tim Richmond would have most likely won one or more as well.

But still I think Mark Martin is the best driver not to have won a title[and better than a few that have].I mean 4 ASA titles and 4 IROC titles are pretty #%$@# good.Throw in his BGN win record,his runner-up finishes for the title in WC and the amazing top 5/races ratio and he begins to really shine.

[still have a faded bumper sticker on my old pickup that reads:MARK MARTIN,THE REAL 1990 WINSTON CUP CHAMPION!]

Dave Marcis of course.:p

Take 2nd rate homemade stuff to the track against the big boys and still show em how it's done every now and again.

Actually, my vote would go to
Wendell Scott

Originally posted by JB99
Gonna have to go with Tim Richmond on this one. That team was primed for something big. Sadly, we will never know.

No we won't know for sure, but we saw enough to recognize great skills.

AND....Welcome to the board!!!:D

Mebbe ya can do something to help Jeff get his season turned around soon, unless of course yer handle means something else.

Thank you HardScrabble.:)

I am a Jeff Burton fan. I have a theory for his struggles, but I'm no expert heh. He has always struggled to qaulify, and with this horrible aero-push the cars are having now, he can't get to the front like he used to. Ahhh well, it's not easy sometimes to be a diehard fan.

i kinda stold this from another board-----i know already pettybensonfan who you will pick, but this does not have to be your fave driver or a driver that still drive, so who do yall think is the best driver to never win a championship?

Well Of course i would have to say kyle but thats not the truth I think there are better drivers out there right now that still have not won a cup and those would be of course Mark, Ricky Rudd and Sterling I would also go as far and say that Harry Gant and Tim Richmond as well, maybe toss Ernie Irvan in that group as well.

How would you know that i would pick Kyle you think i am all wraped up in kyle and Johnny or something if so what gave it away? I mean what made you think that!!
45wins.gif

:ROFLMFAO: :xxrotf: :lol2:

u say classiest i say one of the whiniest
this is coming from a fan of a driver who last year had already won the championship going into the last race, and cried because another driver who had never won a race, bumped him out of the way and went on to win the race.........do you remember a Bristol night race when Terry Labonte was winning on the last lap and Dale Sr. blatantly bumped him out of the way for the win...............in an interview with Terry about it a couple of days after the race Terry said.... that's racing.............i am not trying to start an argument or bash anyone, but Mark Martin to me is one of the classiest drivers out there, and so is Jeff........but to call Mark whiny????????????????

im am jsut gonna stick with a no comment on this one but u may have opened a can of worms with this one with some one else

To call Mark 'whiny' is just silly!He very rarely has ever complained thru-out his career.And I agree,FanOF5!Mark is a class act-and sorry ghetozoe-but most folks with any objectivity should be able to see that.

opinions are like noses every body has them--and that particular one is mine. no matter what u do in life not every one will agree with u and support u, i always heard the sayin if every one likes ya ur destined to fail or theres something terribly wrong.

You are excactly right.Everyone does have opinions,and I respect yours!We all have 'em.As a matter of fact that is what makes this forum so great:The exchange of ideas and opinions without all the childish namecalling like we got on the 'other'forums!

:p :D :)

other forums such as "thats racin" ?

never joined there but i go there occasionately to read stuff in there forum, i cant believe that people actually waste hours in a day to post there, dude its not cool...........:bleh: That's racin

Originally posted by JB99
Thank you HardScrabble.:)  

I am a Jeff Burton fan.  I have a theory for his struggles, but I'm no expert heh. He has always struggled to qaulify, and with this horrible aero-push the cars are having now, he can't get to the front like he used to. Ahhh well, it's not easy sometimes to be a diehard fan.

Your theory probably has merit. Jeff has always freely admitted that his qualifying results are a click or two off at best. Track postion carries a very high premium this year as well. I have stumbled across a few items here and there suggesting the setups Jeff and Frank Stoddard have been using some "experimental" chassis setups early this season. The experimentation was their decision in an attempt to find a few edges for Roush Racing to exploit. Jeff says they were not overwhelmingly fruitful tests and lately they are returning to the more conventional setups used by the other Roush teams.

Expect to see Jeff and Frank improve substantially in the second half.

Back
Top Bottom