Wifi Pirate

BobbyFord

Secret Agent Man
Contributor
My iPhone was incredibly slow this morning. I logged onto my router and found some %&@$#&* on my network with an Android device :mad:
Made some adjustments and the hack is gone.
Check your network map often.

My iPhone was incredibly slow this morning. I logged onto my router and found some %&@$#&* on my network with an Android device :mad:
Somebody tries to log onto my Wifi pretty often riding up and down the roads looking for a connection. But I have really good protection and so far no one has succeeded. I wish there was a reverse laser to blow their damn phone/laptop up.

No password on your Wi-fi ?

Smart folks can pull the wifi password off a signal pretty easily if it's not AES secured. And even AES can be cracked if you try hard enough

You have to be dedicated and live close by for that though. No cruiser is going to bother by siphoning a signal that ultimately will be weak to begin with.

“Ill skewer yer gizzard, ye salty sea bass... Avast!”

Well factory passwords aren't meant to be kept. They are there as a default should you forget the one you made yourself.

http://www.routerpasswords.com/

Those passwords are public and can be found online.

All factory passwords are not simple or can be looked up. My router has a random 10 digit factory password, numbers and letters. It was computer generated and printed for this Wifi only and a record of it was not kept. There's a warning on it that if you lose or forget it chunk it in the garbage.

All factory passwords are not simple or can be looked up. My router has a random 10 digit factory password, numbers and letters. It was computer generated and printed for this Wifi only and a record of it was not kept. There's a warning on it that if you lose or forget it chunk it in the garbage.

Mine is 14 digits and its the same deal ...... don't lose it

The point of factory passwords is that they are generic and are meant as fallback if and when you reset your password to factory settings.

Most of them are "admin" or like you said, a sequence of numbers but aren't unique and can be looked up.

sigh. PLEASE for love of all thats holy change your default pws. also most routers have an "admin" pw that is different than the WPA pw. I have found most routers are shipped with default admin pws.

And hacker jerks hack a router just to prove they can....they likely wont get much bandwidth out of it.

The point of factory passwords is that they are generic and are meant as fallback if and when you reset your password to factory settings.

Most of them are "admin" or like you said, a sequence of numbers but aren't unique and can be looked up.
There is no record of the original password anywhere but with me. Ten random numbers and letters, capital and lower case mixed, would be a bitch to hack. And if they had the means to hack it they wouldn't be riding the roads. I haven't changed it because it's probably better than one I would come up with. I just looked and I could go into it and change it to a factory default password but that would be pretty dumb.

Back
Top Bottom