Will Dodge Ever Return to Nascar?

That the government gives them emissions credits, which they don't use. Instead they sell said credits to other industries. Without the selling of those credits they wouldn't be in business.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
lol ok

Convenient timing. We could work with this.

I think Stellantis is accelerating the process to all EVs asap. The new I6 was built with Jeep and RAM in mind, unfortunately.

All the more reason to be excited for Garage56 project because if the mix is right, I think Dodge and other OEMs will budge over time. Also, the all electric series will be important. I cannot wait to see how it goes with the exhibitions next year.

I have nothing against electric cars, but I don't like the government forcing the automakers this direction when we clearly don't have the infrastructure to support their expectations. It's still a new technology that needs decades of refinement before we can realistically expect the majority of American households to own an EV.
I live right next to a city that is home to one of Europe's largest EV plants and I rarely see any electric cars on the road.
If not for tax credits and government subsidies there would be no EV industry.

I live right next to a city that is home to one of Europe's largest EV plants and I rarely see any electric cars on the road.
If not for tax credits and government subsidies there would be no EV industry.
If it weren't for the status symbol I'm not sure how many people would be buying tesla around me. They don't care about the environment they want a cool car that most people can't get/afford

Hybrid sales in the U.S. are pretty good and growing. They have been around for awhile and use the existing infrastructure. The average Joe wouldn't know the difference between one of those and a full gasser. Full electrics are just getting started.

U.S. sales of hybrid vehicle sales jumped 76% to 801,550 vehicles last year, accounting for 5% of U.S. light vehicle sales, according to data from analytics firm Wards Intelligence.

Sales of EVs also jumped 83% to 434,879, but represented a meager 3% of the market.

If the mileage range is pretty decent this thing will be on my radar when it releases. Looks awesome. Torn on the sound tho lol.

Yeah, that "sound" is awful IMO
I like everything about it but the sound, I started laughing the first time they "rev'ed" it , I hope it comes with an option to cut the sound.

1660929014836.png

1660929170529.png

Electric vehicles are not the end of the world. No amount of misinformation or exaggeration will change that. Some people should honestly research issues before they spout off and embarrass themselves...

I see posts every day from people about how bad electric cars are, and it's usually all lies that sound cool.

Some of those same people told me I'm less of a man for getting a Toyota Corolla instead of a pickup truck.

"Real men drive pickup trucks and buy American, you're in the south."

Ignoring the fact that I already have a Ford F-150. 🤡

I see posts every day from people about how bad electric cars are, and it's usually all lies that sound cool.

Some of those same people told me I'm less of a man for getting a Toyota Corolla instead of a pickup truck.

"Real men drive pickup trucks and buy American, you're in the south."

Ignoring the fact that I already have a Ford F-150. 🤡
Yeah, I notice that most of these pickup truck drivers are what we used to call "Urban Cowboys". They strut around with their dolled up truck that never sees any actual work. Some of these "real men" don't even know how to change a flat tire... not that they'd do it themselves if they did know how...

Yeah, I notice that most of these pickup truck drivers are what we used to call "Urban Cowboys". They strut around with their dolled up truck that never sees any actual work. Some of these "real men" don't even know how to change a flat tire... not that they'd do it themselves if they did know how...

And then bitch about gas prices while trashmouthing Prius owners. 🤡

Never even see how people associate the two. I own 2 pickups and and car. Yeah the trucks have a purpose for me but 90% of my driving I don't need one so I drive my car and get about 30mpg instead of 18 with one truck or 12 with the other.

And then bitch about gas prices while trashmouthing Prius owners.
To me prius owners are the ones that are actually driving cars like that because they care about the environment instead of tesla drivers that just do it as a status symbol.

Real men just don’t care from what I’ve noticed lately haha

To me prius owners are the ones that are actually driving cars like that because they care about the environment instead of tesla drivers that just do it as a status symbol.

Hmmmm... I know a few Tesla drivers and none of them treat it like a status symbol... there probably are some that do, but that's true about pretty much every luxury and muscle car or truck.

Real men just don’t care from what I’ve noticed lately haha
Unfortunately, lately it seems like those "real men who just don't care" sure start caring (and whining) when others don't care about them...

Unfortunately, lately it seems like those "real men who just don't care" sure start caring (and whining) when others don't care about them...

In some ways I can see why those real men whine.

Real men don’t much care what other people think they should drive, regardless of where they live.
Real men don’t give a ****. The Urban Cowboys, of which there are many, care.

And I don’t care what anyone thinks of what I drive. There are more Corollas on the road than any other vehicle for a reason. They the most basic cars you can buy but they run forever.

Seems like the auto manufacturers are targeting the Urban Cowboy crowd for pickups now. Just saw an ad on TV (was Chevy or Ford - I forget now which one) where the pickup truck owner doesn't want to let his muddy friends into his pickup because they'll get it dirty, and when one of them says "nice truck" he complains "was a nice truck" or something to that effect...

LOL, "real men" today drive fancy pickups with A/C and plush interiors and other luxuries and don't want them to get dirty?

Seems like the auto manufacturers are targeting the Urban Cowboy crowd for pickups now. Just saw an ad on TV (was Chevy or Ford - I forget now which one) where the pickup truck owner doesn't want to let his muddy friends into his pickup because they'll get it dirty, and when one of them says "nice truck" he complains "was a nice truck" or something to that effect...

LOL, "real men" today drive fancy pickups with A/C and plush interiors and other luxuries and don't want them to get dirty?
Yeah, that ad slays me. "Dude, IT'S A TRUCK."

Nothing wrong with a pavement princess than get dirty once in a while.

Back
Top Bottom