Will Honda have competition in MotoGP?

N

NateDogg

With Mad Max Biaggi pulling into a honda from the slipping yamaha's that might net even be in GP next year, will there be a rise of power from another brand? Well suzuki certainally is stepped up from eariler this year but still behind. Then you got 3 new factors arising for 2003. Ducati, Kawasaki, and MZ. All three claim a power rating of 220hp at different revs. Ducati is in the high 16000's and MZ claims 17200rpm's. It's going to be interesting to see.

Here is a look at them:)

The Kawasaki

zxrrgp.jpg

The Ducati

art_1124.2_ducati%20motogp%2001.jpg

The MZ

MZV4MotoGPBike.jpg

and there is a rumor of BMW with a GP bike...

I hope Honda takes it all next year. I have always been impressed with Honda workmanship and quality!

Seeing BMW next year would be nice too! I am sure they will have a very high rev engine that I would die to ride!

:D

Its amazing how many revs the bike manufacturers can get out of their engines!

My bike sounds like it is going to outer space at 13,000 RPM. I can hardly imagine getting up to the 16,000 RPM range!

Originally posted by tonystewart1

My bike sounds like it is going to outer space at 13,000 RPM.  I can hardly imagine getting up to the 16,000 RPM range!

lol, I know what you mean, I am used to v-twins and when I ride someones japaneese bike with 4 cylinders I keep wnating to shift down a gear, hehe. I also think that at them high rmps I am glad rods usally blow out to the ground rather than up because up would be really bad.:)

I know there isn't the money going into these bikes like the f1 engines but if an F1 3liter v-10 can get that high I am sure a 990cc bike can. I can't find a lotta info on the honda on what it revs, but its clear that its the best, thats for sure. Probally someday they will hit 20,000 I would imagine, I know there is a limit, but it makes a person wonder, If they can hit 17 then they can evenually get 18 and so on. There was a discussion same way wit hte Nascar engines hitting 10000, The limit on those is the pushrods so I don't think they can go much more than that and still finish a 500mile race, the bike engines are top tech and built to rev and shorter races. Sometimes I am wrong but that is what I think

I believe that most of the 2003 600 CC sport bikes top out at around 16,000 revs. My 2000 F4 tops out at 13,500. Unreal !!!! I'm looking forward to riding a V Twin. I think I may go to the harley dealership and test ride the SB9R just so I can see what the V Twin experience is like!

While I'm at it I may try the V Rod too. Just to say that I have ridden one!!!!!

:D

Back
Top Bottom