Winchester 400 live on MAVTV

4326FBA1-3B2F-456B-8481-995E6EA98721.jpeg

I have it up on MAVTV Plus and am watching a little here and there.

The HONEY BADGER leads.

Bob Dillner does a good job, and this may be Dave Argabright's last race. He will be missed.

Bob's awesome. Great guy too.

I don't know how, with guys like Allen Bestwick, Bob Dillner and Ralph Sheheen out there, NBC sticks with Rick Allen.

They're not going to have much of a field left for the last 100 laps at this pace.

gnome, did you ever get to I-70 speedway much? I'm a few hours away, so would get up there every now and then, mainly for the world cup race at the end of the season. I would set in turn 4 real close to the track, that track was amazing..

gnome, did you ever get to I-70 speedway much? I'm a few hours away, so would get up there every now and then, mainly for the world cup race at the end of the season. I would set in turn 4 real close to the track, that track was amazing..

Not nearly as much as Lakeside, but occasionally yes, during the '80s dirt era and when Bowyer started racing late models there. It definitely had a lot of similarity to Winchester.

Interesting to hear them discussing how much more prosperous dirt late models are currently during a pavement race.

Every time I try to watch one of these big pavement races, it inevitably ends like that. Not why I watch short track racing. Oh well.

That said, it looked to me like Sammy Smith had a legit run off of turn 2, had established position on the inside, and Jack Smith was going to block like hell and largely took himself out.

I've lost interest. I'm not against penalties for rough driving, but that didn't look like one to me.

He had him hooked for a half lap.

Sure looked to me like Jack ran higher than he wanted to, Sammy got a legit run underneath him off the corner, and Jack decided he wasn't going to have it and drove down across his nose. I don't have a dog in the fight, and I don't like the way these guys race each other. That's what I saw.

Back
Top Bottom