Winchester 400 live on MAVTV

Sure looked to me like Jack ran higher than he wanted to, Sammy got a legit run underneath him off the corner, and Jack decided he wasn't going to have it and drove down across his nose. I don't have a dog in the fight, and I don't like the way these guys race each other. That's what I saw.

He gassed it up and dumped him in three. There was intent to wreck him and I think Sammy was gonna wall him in turn three anyway.

He gassed it up and dumped him in three. There was intent to wreck him and I think Sammy was gonna wall him in turn three anyway.

Got a better look at the replay once it was tweeted out, and I agree now that Sammy initiated it and was at fault. Jack was loose specifically because Sammy was already into him. Don't know why it looked different to me on the broadcast. Jack Smith had every right to be upset. There seems to be very little respect in this brand of racing.

Got a better look at the replay once it was tweeted out, and I agree now that Sammy initiated it and was at fault. Jack was loose specifically because Sammy was already into him. Don't know why it looked different to me on the broadcast. Jack Smith had every right to be upset. There seems to be very little respect in this brand of racing.
These kids learn to race by playing video games, watching Days of Thunder and “Raise Hell Praise Dale.” Very few of them work on the cars, just have their parents cut a check and sit in a hauler all day while a paid crew thrashes at the car and someone else thrashes on a wrecked car that got totaled off their front bumper.

It’s all about how much URNHART you can be. Shame, Winchester and All-American 400 are great races.
It's why on pavement I can't really take anything seriously other than Xfinity and Cup. I know people love to bash on NASCAR, but what happened at Texas is literally the common theme in all of these elite short track races & ARCA. Give me Cup guys/cars all day at Martinsville, Bristol, Richmond over this stuff

It's why on pavement I can't really take anything seriously other than Xfinity and Cup. I know people love to bash on NASCAR, but what happened at Texas is literally the common theme in all of these elite short track races & ARCA. Give me Cup guys/cars all day at Martinsville, Bristol, Richmond over this stuff

Yeah you gotta appreciate a Richmond race with no yellows. Guys actually can race with respect and not crash em up like it’s WWE.

I hate bump and runs late in the race. I really hate the shiit out of an unnecessary late caution bunching up a field and letting someone use eight tires against a better car to steal a win.
If they had at least ran for a long green run it would be a little easier to accept. It would at least represent two competitors that were more equally paired.

I wanted Jack Smith to win Sunday. He was better during the last 100 laps, he was older and seeing him getting his career win would have been a great and more compelling story imo.

That being said I think sending Sammy Smith to the back was an over the top penalty in this case. It just looked like hard racing to me. If I was going to blame Sammy Smith for anything it would be for never lifting down the backstretch , but even so I don't believe Jack Smith could have saved it after the initial contact. It could also be argued that Sammy's best defense was to stay on the gas after the initial contact on a white flag lap, slowing down could have collected him as well.

The people that put on the Winchester 400 are great, I wish there were more premier short track events. I can see the need for competition cautions given the crew size, and the high speeds at Winchester. But if you are going to do them after every 50th green flag lap, I wish you could at least do the last one on lap 350 and give them a chance for 50 clean laps to decide the race.

Back
Top Bottom