With this chase format if you could attend any two races in the schedule, Which two would it be

Johali

Team Owner
Contributor
I asked this question last year and some of the answers were surprising. So now we know what the new chase is like. If you could attend any two races on the circuit which ones would you attend. You only get to pick two.

My two.

Martinsville II
Homestead-Miami

Without question the same two that @Johali selected, Martinsville and Homestead.

I think Martinsville produces the best racing of any of the final ten race post season. Homestead's obvious as the Champion is determined @ that event.

If I could be in the infield, Chase Dega. If I'm in the stands-Martinsville.

If I could only pick two and it was strictly for the racing, I'd pick both Martinsville races..... and I did.
But It's because it would be a nightmare for you to haul the Castle all the way down to Homestead and back. :eek:

amen, couldn't get the camper out of the backyard right now if I wanted to.
I've been keeping mine dug out. I know I could hook up and get it out of there. I just have a lot to do to get it ready. I plan putting some heat in it this weekend to see if that helps melt the snow/ice buildup on the roof. I want to get the slides out and check out the plumbing/etc.....

Any of them. The format can change all it wants but theres one common denominator that makes nascar great: the race. Not all this marketing, fireworks & glam. Winning a race now still holds the same credibility as winning in the 1970s. The championship is debatable.

Martinsville fall event and if limited to chase only events Loudon would be a distant 2nd because it is more of a short track then the other nine.

Dover would be the third option. Big Hell no for cookie cutters, the RP BS track, or any owned by the evil empire. Most definitely not Homestead

If I could pick any two:
both Martinsville races, with Richmond and Bristol being the next options.

If I could only pick two and it was strictly for the racing, I'd pick both Martinsville races..... and I did.
I don't know if I would ever want to go to a race, but if I did, that would probably be my choice too. I would have said Sonoma as well, but I'd want to be somewhere where I could see everything.

I am. This is really getting old.
This is off topic, but I'm guessing y'all have been getting hit pretty bad over there?

We've been catching it a little more than usual over the last month or so, but overall, we've been pretty darn lucky compared to last winter. When I think about that and all the snow they've gotten in New England so far this winter, it takes any urge I have to complain away.

I don't know if I would ever want to go to a race, but if I did, that would probably be my choice too.

This is off topic, but I'm guessing y'all have been getting hit pretty bad over there?

We've been catching it a little more than usual over the last month or so, but overall, we've been pretty darn lucky compared to last winter. When I think about that and all the snow they've gotten in New England so far this winter, it takes any urge I have to complain away.
You won't be sorry watching a Martinsville race in person. Always a great race. Lot's of history there. Old school feel.

11.2 below at the moment. Still over a foot of snow on the ground but I think that we may have seen the last significant snowfall. Waiting for warmer temps now. Won't be long.

I asked this question last year and some of the answers were surprising. So now we know what the new chase is like. If you could attend any two races on the circuit which ones would you attend. You only get to pick two.

My two.

Martinsville II
Homestead-Miami

Martinsville and Dover. I would attend them anyway as long as I have time. Dover is real close to here (relatively speaking), and we usually go with a group of friends and Martinsville is such a great track. I don't really care about the Chase though.

Martinsville and Homestead.

Martinsville is easily the best spectator experience I've had from the stands. Races there are just so fun to watch.

Homestead is where the champion gets crowned, so yeah.

My two.

Martinsville II
Homestead-Miami
Any of them. The format can change all it wants but theres one common denominator that makes nascar great: the race. Not all this marketing, fireworks & glam. Winning a race now still holds the same credibility as winning in the 1970s. The championship is debatable.
I picked Homestead because that's where the Cup Champion will be determined. But It's also Jeff Gordon's last scheduled race. It would be a hoot to be there if he won the race and Cup.
Martinsville fall event and if limited to chase only events Loudon would be a distant 2nd because it is more of a short track then the other nine.

Dover would be the third option. Big Hell no for cookie cutters, the RP BS track, or any owned by the evil empire. Most definitely not Homestead

If I could pick any two:
both Martinsville races, with Richmond and Bristol being the next options.
It's any two @Greg.
Maybe I'm confused. Aren't we talking about attending Chase races?
@Charlie Spencer Any race. Sorry that I didn't make it a little clearer. There we go, got the thread title fixed.

Last edited:
I've explained my reasoning on here before, but I'm an introvert that doesn't like big crowds or being outside for too long. I'd rather just sit here in the comfort of my own home, be able to hear the announcers blabbing on and see all the action.

I get the same reaction when I tell people I listen to metal but don't go to concerts. I'm just weird like that, I guess. :idunno:

I've explained my reasoning on here before, but I'm an introvert that doesn't like big crowds or being outside for too long. I'd rather just sit here in the comfort of my own home, be able to hear the announcers blabbing on and see all the action.

I get the same reaction when I tell people I listen to metal but don't go to concerts. I'm just weird like that, I guess. :idunno:
I feel you there. I make it a point to check out the interactive seating maps to get tickets in an area where there's a lot of other empty seats around. Like last weekend at Atlanta we were originally sitting down in the general admission area for the Saturday races and a group came and sat down in front of us; one guy felt the need to keep putting his arm around his buddy and every time he did he touched my knee...needless to say, I got the **** out of there and tipped one of the attendants $5 to let us up into the reserved seats.

I feel you there. I make it a point to check out the interactive seating maps to get tickets in an area where there's a lot of other empty seats around. Like last weekend at Atlanta we were originally sitting down in the general admission area for the Saturday races and a group came and sat down in front of us; one guy felt the need to keep putting his arm around his buddy and every time he did he touched my knee...needless to say, I got the **** out of there and tipped one of the attendants $5 to let us up into the reserved seats.
Some tracks don't have interactive maps but I use the ones that do. I find the area I want to sit in on the map. Then call the track for tickets because sometimes they have the best seats available that's not shown on the maps.

Some tracks don't have interactive maps but I use the ones that do. I find the area I want to sit in on the map. Then call the track for tickets because sometimes they have the best seats available that's not shown on the maps.
I found that out last week...I was looking for tickets in the Petty grandstand for Sunday but you can't order online after midnight before the race or something. Went to the ticket booth on Sunday and wound up with seats in the highest row in that same section, which weren't shown as available online the day before. Most of it was accurate though.

Hey, no offense meant bro.

More power to you :beerbang:

I went to many sprint car races when I was younger almost every Friday and Saturday night during the season, quite a few Nascar too, been there done that. I get better info watching it on the tele. IMO many baby boomers are doing the same, that is why track attendance is off a bit.

Hey, no offense meant bro.

More power to you :beerbang:
None taken, bud. Just clarifying my position since I know I'm in the minority on that.

To each their own. :cheers:

I went to many sprint car races when I was younger almost every Friday and Saturday night during the season, quite a few Nascar too, been there done that. I get better info watching it on the tele. IMO many baby boomers are doing the same, that is why track attendance is off a bit.
Yeah man, that's how I feel about pretty much all live events. I used to be a huge WWE fan (still watch it every once in a blue moon) and I've been to two shows. The no commentary thing was very difficult to get used to, and I couldn't see all the action. In the end, I found that I personally had a much more enjoyable experience watching it on TV.

Just for conversational purposes, say you were going to be the only one in an air conditioned luxury suite. Not that I'm buying or anything, but to repeat the question, which two races would you like attend?

When buying tickets, the factors I consider are usually related to handicapped accessibility. My 82 year old father has artificial hips and some mobility issues. Factors include the availability of an elevator (preferably) or a ramp, hand rails on the aisles, availability of aisle seats, number of rows up or down, proximity to the opening from the section to the concourse, proximity to the handicapped parking lot, etc. Then we start looking at sight lines. If it's just me, it usually just sight lines and proximity to the parking lot with the easiest egress.

ALWAYS call the track.

Back
Top Bottom