Wood Brothers Sign Aussie

kat2220

Super Moderator
Staff member
Australian racing superstar Marcos Ambrose has signed a multi-year driver development agreement deal with Wood Brothers Racing.

The agreement calls for Ambrose to pilot a Ford F-150 in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck series next season, with an eye toward driving one of the teams Ford Fusions in the NASCAR Busch Series and Nextel Cup series in the future.

"It's an honor to be chosen from a long list of drivers who would love to be with Wood Brothers/JTG Racing," said Ambrose

"The team provides a career path through the NASCAR major series all the way to Nextel Cup. I'm looking forward to the challenge and the next phase of my career.

"It's great to get this deal finalized before the final V8 Super car race at Phillip Island next week.

"I want to end the season on a high with a win and who knows, maybe a third title.

"My dealings with Ford and Ford Racing both here in Australia and the US as well as Wood Brothers/JTG have been excellent. Ford Australia President Tom Gorman has been outstanding and without his direct input this deal would never have got off the ground."

Team owner Eddie Wood is excited about Ambrose.

"We have been blessed with some great drivers in our 55+ years in NASCAR and we had the opportunity to do some testing with Marcos this summer," said Wood.

"He adapted quickly to these cars and we believe that, given time, he can add to our rich driver history. Marcos has quite a racing resume. We will start him in the Craftsman Truck Series next season and watch his development closely."

Ford Racing Australia Manager Ross Booth has given Ambrose his full support with the Wood Brothers/JTG partnership.

"Marcos has been a great champion and ambassador for the Ford brand in Australia, now it's time for him to do the same job in NASCAR," said Booth.

On behalf of everyone at the Ford Australia, we want to wish Marcos all the best."

Ambrose plans a move to the US with his wife Sonja and newborn daughter Tabitha in early January.

Back
Top Bottom