World of Outlaws 2017

Nice track so narrow
Williams Grove is hallowed ground for sprint cars, the historic epicenter of the Pennsylvania sprint car racing scene. It's not unusual for Pennsylvania Posse homeboys to beat the Outlaws there.

The Williams Grove National Open gets my nomination for the third biggest sprint car race of the year, after the Knoxville Nationals and the King's Royal. Qualifying races Thursday and Friday followed by the big show Saturday, September 30. David Gravel took his 16th WOO win of the year... not too shabby.

Yeah I was able to watch a video about the track, interesting history. Track goes way back. McFadden hugged the rail in one and two, stayed down close to the infield, hooked into the better traction down there and it looked like he hit the nitrous button down the straights

Yeah I was able to watch a video about the track, interesting history. Track goes way back. McFadden hugged the rail in one and two, stayed down close to the infield, hooked into the better traction down there and it looked like he hit the nitrous button down the straights
Completely surprised by Gravel's victory there.

It was a wild one. First time I went to that track, pretty nice set up.

I went out there for Lakeside and Salina. That was a great show at Salina, too bad there was that caution with 2 to go, the race didn't need it. Nice to have the A-Main done with before 9pm! Awesome temperatures as well, I don't think I've ever done a October race with such nice weather except the one time I saw the IndyCar finale at Homestead.
We got really lucky with that, They already cancelled the races for this weekend at Dodge City KS due to freezing temps... Not sure who thought it was a great idea to schedule races at night in Oklahoma and Kansas at the end of October...

WOW!! What a race!! Charlotte and the sprints, late models or modifieds, never a dull moment. This is why dirt is such great racing!!

Back
Top Bottom