World of Outlaws 2021

kkfan91

Everyones an outlaw til its time to do outlaw s%&#
CEO Brian Carter was on Winged Nation and said the schedule as it stands right now has 91 nights on it and runs every week from Volusia until October

Awesome. WoO genuinely seems to be in a state of solid growth.

Time to show a few live TV races.

The problem is live dirt racing is not traditional tv friendly. Streaming works much better for it and they are constantly working to improve the product.

race day is about 4 hours, dirt vision does a great job,but it is 40 dollars a month.

So what's going on with the sudden purse raises and proliferation of more big and bigger money events during a difficult economy? I think it has to be the newfound streaming subscription revenue that is adding considerable money for series and big tracks to draw from.

Full schedule with a few TBAs in October (probably Midwest dates). The west coast swing looks to be back for next September, Missing; Fairbury, TSS Haubstadt :(, Willamette (no great loss racing-wise, but it's the only track in Oregon they have been at). Trying again at the new I-70.

Last edited:
Full schedule with a few TBAs in October (probably Midwest dates). The west coast swing looks to be back for next September, Missing; Fairbury, TSS Haubstadt :(, Willamette (no great loss racing-wise, but it's the only track in Oregon they have been at). Trying again at the new I-70.

I am legitimately confused/sad that Haubstadt isn't on the schedule (yet.) I admit I am a homer as the track is 25 minutes from my house, but it is truly one of the premier tracks in the Midwest. The Helfrich's prep an awesome surface and the WoO race sells out every year with some really good racing. I mean, they even had 2 shows this year as opposed to our normal 1.

Hoping they get one of the open April dates as that lines up pretty well with the Jacksonville IL show.

I also wish they would hit more of the tracks that are known for non-wing racing: Gas City, Kokomo, Lincoln, even Perris in CA. These are great tracks for winged cars too!

But this is a strong schedule overall with more high paying events than ever before.

Very disappointed to see the 2021 schedule. WoO skipping Oregon for the first time in I don't know how long.

Very disappointed to see the 2021 schedule. WoO skipping Oregon for the first time in I don't know how long.

Willamette Speedway has not been on firm financial ground for the past couple years, and 2020 wouldn't have helped. WoO is no longer going to do the lower purse events that Willamette and Grays Harbor used.

Fortunately Skagit and Grays remain on the schedule for now. I wish another OR track were interested.

The 9 has run more of an outlaw schedule the last few years

The 9 has run more of an outlaw schedule the last few years

I'm glad McFadden will have a good seat and that the #9 will add to WoO depth. It's too bad that he is in travel limbo and won't be able to actually run for points.

I'm glad McFadden will have a good seat and that the #9 will add to WoO depth. It's too bad that he is in travel limbo and won't be able to actually run for points.
Yeah hopefully he gets here soon since the schedule doesn't have any downtime

Is this something they have done before for other drivers?
No idea, I'd say it's a unique set of circumstances, they didn't do it last year cause the 9 wasn't running the full outlaw schedule

Is this something they have done before for other drivers?

They established this last year when they restarted after the COVID shutdown. If a driver missed races due to positive COVID tests or other protocols, they would get these points. I think it was to discourage drivers and teams from hiding positive results etc. I believe there were instances in which they were used.

Only the "Platinum" and "Gold" full-time teams are eligible for such considerations. So the #9 is obviously in that club now.

Screenshot_20210203-161421_Facebook.jpg

Parsing this, the upshot is that if you commit to the $299 annual subscription, Knoxville Nationals are included in that. They are still not included in the $39 per 28 days plan that most DIRTVision subscribers are on, myself included. The latter comes out at $507 per year.

Parsing this, the upshot is that if you commit to the $299 annual subscription, Knoxville Nationals are included in that. They are still not included in the $39 per 28 days plan that most DIRTVision subscribers are on, myself included. The latter comes out at $507 per year.

Whats your opinion on the quality of their streams @gnomesayin? I've been debating pulling the trigger but I'm already subscribed to the Lucas app, so I worry about stretching my limited viewing time too thin. I guess I'm just asking if you think its worth the $300.

(I was really tempted to get Flo so I could watch the USAC sprints and midgets, but again, worried about having time to get return on investment)

It comes down to how important watching WoO is for you. It's definitely made me a bigger fan than I was previously. The streams and production are pretty good quality and have continually improved since I've been a subscriber in 2019. All of these services still lag behind true TV style presentation, but that can have its own charm.

FloRacing provides the ability to pause the live stream or rewind to a previous point, at least via a computer. DIRTVision does not. If you walk out of the room or lose connection and miss five minutes, you've missed it until the race gets posted to the archive.

I'm subscribed to DIRTVision, FloRacing, and Lucas Oil Racing TV, and there are definitely conflicts and times when I feel like I'm watching too much. Subscribing to these services tends to turn one into a more loyal viewer than if the broadcasts were free.

FloRacing is a great value at $150 annually for the amount of content (ASCoC, USAC, Chili Bowl, lots of independent and local racing). Production standards tend to be inconsistent and sometimes lacking, but I haven't seen any problems during races this year. DIRTVision is a good deal and has become progressively better if you buy into the idea that WoO is king on dirt.

It comes down to how important watching WoO is for you. It's definitely made me a bigger fan than I was previously. The streams and production are pretty good quality and have continually improved since I've been a subscriber in 2019. All of these services still lag behind true TV style presentation, but that can have its own charm.

FloRacing provides the ability to pause the live stream or rewind to a previous point, at least via a computer. DIRTVision does not. If you walk out of the room or lose connection and miss five minutes, you've missed it until the race gets posted to the archive.

I'm subscribed to DIRTVision, FloRacing, and Lucas Oil Racing TV, and there are definitely conflicts and times when I feel like I'm watching too much. Subscribing to these services tends to turn one into a more loyal viewer than if the broadcasts were free.

FloRacing is a great value at $150 annually for the amount of content (ASCoC, USAC, Chili Bowl, lots of independent and local racing). Production standards tend to be inconsistent and sometimes lacking, but I haven't seen any problems during races this year. DIRTVision is a good deal and has become progressively better if you buy into the idea that WoO is king on dirt.

WoO is not only the king on dirt, it’s the #4 sanctioning body I’d say in the nation behind NASCAR, IndyCar and IMSA in popularity

The track has been fully reworked for tonight and is starting off a lot wetter, with the cushion down the center. Heats will probably be pretty one-lane. Hopefully by the feature it's moved up and they have multiple grooves to work with.

It's bad on the screen, but doesn't compare to seeing it real time in person. Even as a spectator so many thoughts start racing through your head.

Oh, Logano last* to 3rd in his feature.

Track was much better for the feature tonight. Brad Sweet wins the WoO opener. Schuchart second, and Donny Schatz turns his night around with an incredible 18th to third drive. Gravel and Macedo follow. Kahne ran a very respectable ninth.

Track was much better for the feature tonight. Brad Sweet wins the WoO opener. Schuchart second, and Donny Schatz turns his night around with an incredible 18th to third drive. Gravel and Macedo follow. Kahne ran a very respectable ninth.
I lost track of Schatz and when I saw him sticking his nose in there at first I thought he was a lapped car.
Another great night at Volusia. Heading home tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom