World of Outlaws 2021

Not quite the thriller that the last several races had been tonight. Brad Sweet wins, Brent Marks second, Cory Eliason third, Haudencshild fourth, Gravel fifth. The best racing was early when Jacob Allen caught and passed Sweet for the lead, but then pushed it too hard in turn one and flipped.

Not quite the thriller that the last several races had been tonight. Brad Sweet wins, Brent Marks second, Cory Eliason third, Haudencshild fourth, Gravel fifth. The best racing was early when Jacob Allen caught and passed Sweet for the lead, but then pushed it too hard in turn one and flipped.
Or as he said "I stepped on it tonight "

Enjoyed watching Haudenschild working that wheel. Appears he doesn't use the same side panel as some of the other drivers where you can't see them in the race seat.
I noticed a lot of drivers doing that at the Chili Bowl this year also.

Dammit, I was going to be there tomorrow night.

Now I'm thinking of whether it is worth it to make a 5.5 hour trip to Lake Ozark on Saturday.

I know of the big name Posse drivers Dewease and Dietrich got invites and turned them down, since all 3 Central PA tracks are running that weekend. That's where some of the lesser known names come in.

Brad Sweet came out in the lead in turn one lap one and they never caught him, lights out. Rut from hell in turn one.

World of Outlaws NOS Energy Drink Sprint Cars Lake Ozark Speedway March 27, 2021 | HIGHLIGHTS​

The track was really rough from lots of rain this week. They cut the race fell 41 (honoring Jason Johnson) laps to 30. Haudencshild looked really fast but Sweet handled the ruts slightly better. Not the best race due to track conditions, but it took a lot of work just to get it in.

Holy cow was that a race track or a cow path. I'm shocked they thought that was safe.

It was actually quite a bit better for qualifying and heats, and degraded from there. WoO heats are often snoozers because they're optimizing the track for the feature, but last night's were the best racing of the night.

Brad Sweet came out in the lead in turn one lap one and they never caught him, lights out. Rut from hell in turn one.

World of Outlaws NOS Energy Drink Sprint Cars Lake Ozark Speedway March 27, 2021 | HIGHLIGHTS​

thanks for posting these,ive not ordered dirtverion yet.

Tonight's feature was a barnburner. I-55 in Pevely, MO was just about perfectly prepared and optimized for the main. Schatz took the lead but broke, yet again, being robbed of WoO win #300 yet again. Brad Sweet gets win #4 on the year, with a shockingly fast Kraig Kinser chasing him and finishing second. Logan Schuchart drives from 16th to finish 3rd, and Haudenschild from 13th to 4th.

I don't know what got into Kinser, he was like a bull dog out there

World of Outlaws NOS Energy Drink Sprint Cars at I-55 April 2, 2021 | HIGHLIGHTS​

Sweet wins again tonight, he's threatening to stink up the series at the moment. That is his fifth win of the year. Haudencshild closed on him here and there, but ultimately wasn't as good, comes home second. Gio Scelzi posts a strong third place run.

So yesterday I almost pulled the trigger, I almost bought the full year of Dirt Vision to watch the Outlaws, but unfortunately my smart TV I bought in 2016 (it’s a 15) I can’t download the app or log onto the web browser to watch that way. That was a deal breaker for me as I’m not going to stare at a computer or iPad for 3 hours trying to watch a race. That sucks. So for those that have DV do you watch on a smart tv? Can you download the app to install and watch from there?

SAME SWEET, DIFFERENT DAY: The Big Cat Sweeps I-55 for Fourth Straight Win​

It’s his fifth win of the year through 11 races aboard the Kasey Kahne Racing, NAPA Auto Parts #49.
Sweet Survives Scelzi and Haudenschild to Lead All 40 Laps at Pevely

So yesterday I almost pulled the trigger, I almost bought the full year of Dirt Vision to watch the Outlaws, but unfortunately my smart TV I bought in 2016 (it’s a 15) I can’t download the app or log onto the web browser to watch that way. That was a deal breaker for me as I’m not going to stare at a computer or iPad for 3 hours trying to watch a race. That sucks. So for those that have DV do you watch on a smart tv? Can you download the app to install and watch from there?
I watch many races and shows by running an hdmi cable from my PC to the TV. I also have an adapter so I can hook my phone up via an hdmi cable to my TV.
Just be careful as some providers block you from doing this. Not sure about DV.

I'm out and about a lot, or outside in the yard etc. I end up watching a lot of races on my phone. When I'm inside, I use a Chromecast (~$35) to cast to my TVs.

The $299 annual option is enticing, and I keep meaning to get on that. It also includes the Knoxville Nationals, which up until this year has always been a separate PPV. For now I'm still getting charged $39 every 28 days. Going to email them about that now.

This caught my attention and I watched it a dozen times . Maybe it will take
52 years for Sammy to be more cautious around kids. No mirrors on these things.
I agree with the majority of the video comments .

Last edited:
This caught my attention and I watched it a dozen times . Maybe it will take
52 years for Sammy to be more cautious around kids. No mirrors on these things.
I agree with the majority of the video comments .

I watched it a few times too. He has been one of those polarizing drivers his entire career. Sammy has always been more than just a driver and is one of the few remaining old school WOO's. At 65, I see he still has some fire left. Good for him.

Very eventful and rather long caution-filled race at Kokomo, which is always a thriller when the Outlaws come. Someone other than Sweet finally wins, but it's the other Kahne car, as James McFadden gets his first win of 2021. Sweet finishes second after David Gravel, who ran first or second all race, spins out with a couple laps to go. Justin Peck with an impressive third, Ian Madsen fourth, Haudenschild fifth.

Tyler Courtney was running third when he had a flat tire, came back to finish ninth. Schatz has more misfortune and breaks early, finishing 25th. That team is digging a big whole in the points race.

The Outlaw sprints are at my "home" track tonight. They pretty well always put on a good show here, so if you have dirtvision, this is a good one to watch live. A little rain earlier today but forecast shows clear the rest of the night.

Holy crap what a race. The Outlaws should go there three times a year minimum. Sheldon drove from ninth to the lead and was blowing away the field, but had a left rear go flat with eight laps to go. Carson Macedo then inherited the lead, and had to fend off a charging James McFadden. McFadden managed to wrestle away the lead on the white flag lap, but Macedo snuck back in front of him for the win, pulling a questionable slider that McFadden was definitely not happy with. McFadden said Macedo "raced like a dickhead" in his interview. Macedo was fairly apologetic, but he gets the win.

Tyler Courtney posts a very strong third. McFadden is the highest finishing KKR car for tge second straight night, as Sweet was seventh. Haudencshild was set to gain some points on Sweet, but ended up losing a bunch because of the flat. Just no luck for the #17 a lot of the time.

Holy crap what a race. The Outlaws should go there three times a year minimum. Sheldon drove from ninth to the lead and was blowing away the field, but had a left rear go flat with eight laps to go. Carson Macedo then inherited the lead, and had to fend off a charging James McFadden. McFadden managed to wrestle away the lead on the white flag lap, but Macedo snuck back in front of him for the win, pulling a questionable slider that McFadden was definitely not happy with. McFadden said Macedo "raced like a dickhead" in his interview. Macedo was fairly apologetic, but he gets the win.

Tyler Courtney posts a very strong third. McFadden is the highest finishing KKR car for tge second straight night, as Sweet was seventh. Haudencshild was set to gain some points on Sweet, but ended up losing a bunch because of the flat. Just no luck for the #17 a lot of the time.

Well that was fun. I am not normally a winged sprint guy, but that was good stuff. Great recap of the action @gnomesayin. And I agree with your second sentence, the fact that TSS wasn't on the original schedule still boggles my mind.

Edited to add: Macedo's move on McFadden on the last lap was pretty tame I thought and I feel like if/when McFadden watches the replay he might walk back his comments. I've seen far worse passes for the lead. Macedo made a great move on the bottom and it was almost like McFadden didn't expect him to be there. Just my 2 cents worth.

Last edited:
I've seen a lot worse too. I understand why McFadden didn't think it was kosher for Macedo to just park the car in front of him after he chased Macedo cleanly and left room for several laps, but it's the last lap and for a WoO win. Just glad that McFadden was able to slam the brakes without spinning, because that would have been truly ugly.

Back
Top Bottom