World of Outlaws 2021

Logan Schuchart leads the the first 23 laps of 25, before getting passed by David Gravel coming to the white flag. Schuchart then breaks on the back stretch on the final lap, bringing out a yellow and GWC finish. What a bummer for that team. Gravel holds on to win and sweep the weekend, with Donny Schatz finishing second and Aaron Reutzel third.

Interesting are stadium tracks in the future for the Outlaws?

Tonight at Jacksonville was a wild one with too many twists and turns to describe. Most of the race was a duel between Sweet and Haudencshild, with Sheldon appearing to get the best of it until he blew a RR (predictably, after he bounced it off the wall several times) from the lead with 11 to go. Then all heck broke loose over the final 10 laps with several more cautions. In the end, Sweet held on barely over a charging Donny Schatz. Gravel was third.

Larson was in the field tonight, but had his own problem and spun out after contact with Macedo while battling for second late.

Tonight at Jacksonville was a wild one with too many twists and turns to describe. Most of the race was a duel between Sweet and Haudencshild, with Sheldon appearing to get the best of it until he blew a RR (predictably, after he bounced it off the wall several times) from the lead with 11 to go. Then all heck broke loose over the final 10 laps with several more cautions. In the end, Sweet held on barely over a charging Donny Schatz. Gravel was third.

Larson was in the field tonight, but had his own problem and spun out after contact with Macedo while battling for second late.
Good golly that was some crazy racing. These shows are so awesome. Larson certainly drove it in there a bit too deep for sure.

Good golly that was some crazy racing. These shows are so awesome. Larson certainly drove it in there a bit too deep for sure.
Macedo hit a rut and was out of shape. He should have been gone, but he came down and took out Larson

Nasty hole in turn 1.

That thing would shake your fillings out.

Sweet wins. Again. Dominating performance to come from ninth and steadily pass his way through the field to take yet another victory. Awesome run for Brian Brown at his local track (he lives 15 miles away) to finish second, which he took late from David Gravel. Larson finished fifth.

The track was narrow and racing in the heats was poor, but it wore into a racey surface for the feature, much like Bristol did last week. Huge crowd on hand for the return of this historic facility at I-70.

I wish I could see another angle of the wreck with Mason Daniel because it just looked like Larson cleaned him out and that isn't like Larson.

I wish I could see another angle of the wreck with Mason Daniel because it just looked like Larson cleaned him out and that isn't like Larson.

It was really strange, because that is what that angle made it look like, yet Daniel took the blame. I think he washed up the track and slowed severely.

I've been a subscriber for 2+ years and don't ever recall this happening to this extent. Luckily this is the one time I'm at the race in person again finally.

Brad Sweet keeps up the dominance with another win in front an overflow crowd at the restored I-70.

Sheldon Haudencshild led the first 27 of 30 laps, but Sweet beat him after the race's only caution. At one point Haud was leading by 6 seconds, but his advantage had faded to just over 2 seconds when the caution flew with three to go. He was definitely fading by that point.

Carson Macedo takes second, Sheldon settles for third, Larson fourth, Schatz fifth.

Sweet has now won 8 of 18 races this season, putting him at the same winning percentage as Larson had with WoO last year. Remarkable performance by the #49 thus far in a series with more depth than it has possibly ever had.

Sweets definitely building a lead that will be hard to overcome without an uncharacteristic streak of bad luck or someone else catching fire like this.

Right now the only two cars that look to be close to Sweet's level on a consistent basis are Gravel's #2 and Macedo in the #41. Haudencshild is often the fastest in the field, but still prone to overdriving and will continue to have a lot of misfortune until that changes. Schuchart is struggling and needs to get back on track, and Schatz is coming on slowly.

It will be a late start due to rain, but they are racing tonight, along with USAC. WoO on DIRTVision and USAC and Flo per usual.4

I was going to go, but decided not too. I have been there when they finished around 3 AM, and while it's fun to talk about, the drive home is a beast. Plus it's going to be in the 30's later tonight. Will make for a cool fan experience.

After all that, it will be called and turned into two complete shows tomorrow for both divisions.

Wow. Brent Marks leaves the CJB team, goes back to his family car, and then a couple weeks later wins a WoO race at Eldora. What a story for him.

Sheldon Haudencshild finished second after leading most of the race, but then was light at the scales (!) and is DQed. That team can't get out of its own way.

Thus, Aaron Reutzel finishes second after starting 16th and Donny Schatz finishes third from 17th, followed by Gravel and Macedo. Finally that bunch gains some points back on Sweet, who was 14th.

Redemption for Sheldon as he passes Schatz with two laps to go to take the win in another thriller on a tremendous night of dirt racing. Yet another opportunity for Schatz to get his first win of the year and #300 with the Outlaws passes by. Schuchart also passed Schatz coming to the line to take second after starting 21st.

Classic night at Eldora.

A fantastic and wild race at Lincoln full of constant battles throughout. The race really should have been Brent Marks', as he came from 12th to pass Sweet and Schatz for the lead. Then Danny Dietrich nearly spun out right in front of him getting lapped, but it stayed green, and he dropped to fourth in the ensuing chaos. So Sweet caught a break and inherited the lead, which he held onto. Marks passed his way back into second and was threatening Sweet again at the finish. Macri follows in third, Gravel fourth, Schatz fifth.

Back
Top Bottom