World of Outlaws 2021

That is what makes his win very interesting. I have seen Dave race sprint since he first started as a teenager. Post NASCAR he doesn't race nearly as much as he did as before NASCAR. Once in a blue moon he must hit on something and pulls out a win. Wasn't too long ago he surprised everyone at Volusia. Now, did he intentionally avoid post race inspection a few weeks ago at Sharon?
...and even though JR. doesn't like someone being compared to Dale Sr. Dave gets that grin every once in a while that makes you go, hmmm.

Larson withstands a late run by Logan Schuchart to win his first WoO race of the season. Schuchart second, Haudencshild third, Buddy Kofoid fourth, Kraig Kinser fifth.

Sweet was forced to use a backup car after wrecking in his heat, started last and finished seventh. Gravel had a late flat tire and finished 12th.

Wait is Schatz getting out of the sprint car?

No, that's just my wild guess that the two tease tweets are connected. It's probably more likely to be a Knoxville Trucks ride or something like that. Though in the past when Donny has talked about doing a NASCAR dirt race, he didn't seem hugely excited about it.

No, that's just my wild guess that the two tease tweets are connected. It's probably more likely to be a Knoxville Trucks ride or something like that. Though in the past when Donny has talked about doing a NASCAR dirt race, he didn't seem hugely excited about it.
Lol so the twitter account with the same profile picture is you?

Crazy. I'm watching the ASCoC on Flo and they've got 36 cars I believe.

Yeah, I think it is due to there not being much 410 racing in MN, and most of the regional teams that might have helped fill out the field are affiliated with the IRA, which is co-sanctioning the ASCoC race.

The Outlaws regulars can put on a good feature all by themselves though, we'll see.

It was indeed a good main event. David Gravel passes early leader Aaron Reutzel and holds on against late challenges by Donny Schatz and Sheldon Haudenschild, who finish second and third. Points race will tighten a bit more, as Sweet was fifth.

Nice field of 39 cars tonight at Knoxville. Kasey Kahne set quick time but fell to third in the first behind Schatz and Sweet.

I'm planning to be in attendance tomorrow night.
Glad to see Kasey back out

Macedo wins a late move keeps it from being an all Madsen night

Ian Madsen wins ASCoC, and Kerry Madsen nearly wins WoO, leading the entire way until a caution with about six laps to go. Macedo passes Madsen to win, with Schuchart charging to second, Madsen third, Schatz fourth, and Gio Scelzi fifth. Sweet finishes one spot ahead of Gravel in sixth.

The entire program nearly went without a yellow. There were none in all of the heats, dash, and B, and only the late one in the main event.

World of Outlaws NOS Energy Drink Sprint Cars at Knoxville Raceway June 11, 2021 | HIGHLIGHTS​

It's been nearly 20 years since I've been to this mecca.

20210612_205100(0).jpg

Kahne dumps McKenna Haase in the final corner for the last transfer in the B. I don't think he meant to, but not cool Kasey.

They are pulling a Chili Bowl and completely reworking the turns before the main event. Was taking rubber at the end of the 360 feature.

...which I'm not sure why they didn't run the main event before the support class, knowing the track was in jeopardy after a hot dry day.

Hopefully it will pay off and be a great race. They're adding at least an hour to the program.

Fantastic race. Feel bad for Kerry Madsen, it slipped away again. Another last lap pass tonight. Macedo passes Madsen and repeats the weekend sweep.

Wild how the part time TSR #14 can come to Knoxville and outrun the main team both nights.

Watched the woO Late At Plymouth Speedway today during lunch. Man that race was so exciting! I'm loving these dirt bull rings more and more!

Watched the woO Late At Plymouth Speedway today during lunch. Man that race was so exciting! I'm loving these dirt bull rings more and more!
Plymouth Wisconsin? How was it? I'm going there for IRA sprint cars while I'm out at Road America

Back
Top Bottom