World Series of Asphalt

Spotter22

Team Owner
Katie Hettinger got screwed in the Pro Late model race. Took the lead and on her way to the win with 2 to go and they throw a yellow because a car lost power steering and stopped on the track. What a numbnut. Just pull down and drive it to pit road idiot. She got jacked up on the restart and ruined it for her

Katie Hettinger got screwed in the Pro Late model race. Took the lead and on her way to the win with 2 to go and they throw a yellow because a car lost power steering and stopped on the track. What a numbnut. Just pull down and drive it to pit road idiot. She got jacked up on the restart and ruined it for her
I hate late race restarts, it is just to easy for a second place car to wipe out or "move" the leader. Both are shiddy moves and in many cases they were not even close enough to the leader to pull off the crap prior to the caution.

It rewards a chickenshiet move at the expense of the leader who has driven the better race.

I hate late race restarts, it is just to easy for a second place car to wipe out or "move" the leader. Both are shiddy moves and in many cases they were not even close enough to the leader to pull off the crap prior to the caution.

It rewards a chickenshiet move at the expense of the leader who has driven the better race.
Absolutely but in this case its even worse. She got jacked up on the restart running second and never got a chance to recover, previously When she took the lead she did it at .006 thousandths of a second BEFORE the start finish line ( they showed the replay and timing and scoring) so when the caution came out they reverted to the lap before with scoring. Did ya catch what I just said? They had video and electronic scoring but for some reason in 2023 we are still going back to the previous lap scored like we dont have the technology to determine who was in the lead when the caution came out. We can and should do better for the competitors who spend a shid load of money, time and effort to pull all the way down for these select big races, well any race for that matter.

Absolutely but in this case its even worse. She got jacked up on the restart running second and never got a chance to recover, previously When she took the lead she did it at .006 thousandths of a second BEFORE the start finish line ( they showed the replay and timing and scoring) so when the caution came out they reverted to the lap before with scoring. Did ya catch what I just said? They had video and electronic scoring but for some reason in 2023 we are still going back to the previous lap scored like we dont have the technology to determine who was in the lead when the caution came out. We can and should do better for the competitors who spend a shid load of money, time and effort to pull all the way down for these select big races, well any race for that matter.

Thanks for the details and I agree.

I get it. Once you start making calls based on video, which you may not have at your disposal every race, you welcome inconsistency.

There was a race last year where one young lady kept making a pass for the lead, and every time she did, another car spun out, and she got put to second on the "last completed lap" stuff. I have never been so heartbroken for someone in victory lane. The kid made the race-winning pass three times and never got credited for it.

Tracks and series need to start issuing penalties for this, then it will stop. I think CARS Tour does a one lap penalty, which isn't enough IMO. Should be a two lap penalty unless it's for a flat.

Back
Top Bottom