worms and viruses suck

I can agree with that :angry: Last Monday I just got on the computer and it kept shutting itself down and then rebooting. Come to find out I had the Sasser and the SasserB Worm. Got them both off and Back up again. B)

I have spent many hours and quite a bit of money on McAfee etc trying to fix my computer. It is better, but still screwed up. I have tried to post on here many times over the past few days and it keeps kicking me off after I spend all the time posting.

i've got this deal on mine, don't know what it is, but if anyone knows and can help, let me know. Whenever I open my explorer, my homepage has been changed to "about:blank"...also, whenever I open a new explorer, it brings up a popup (even when not on line) about how my computer has spyware on it...i got "adaware" and it got rid of everything else, except for these two things? HELP!

If you have Microsoft, try the "help" link for a patch.
Worldstart.com also has computer help, but Smack's reccomendations along with DEW's help have realy been priceless!

Originally posted by esorlxaw@May 11 2004, 11:09 PM
i've got this deal on mine, don't know what it is, but if anyone knows and can help, let me know. Whenever I open my explorer, my homepage has been changed to "about:blank"...also, whenever I open a new explorer, it brings up a popup (even when not on line) about how my computer has spyware on it...i got "adaware" and it got rid of everything else, except for these two things? HELP!
I was getting the Spyware add too. It took forever to load my homepage up. 10 to 15 mins. We restored are computer ran a couple virus scans and switched from dial up to DSL. Do not know what worked but it is gone.

Originally posted by esorlxaw@May 11 2004, 11:09 PM
for the first problem just try to shange your start page back to what you want.

1. go to the page you want
2. in the address bar left click and drag the "blue e" and drop it on top of the house.

second problem try spybot

even if I change my homepage back to what i usually use, it changes itself back to about:blank...and I've run adaware about4 times too...still does the same ol sh...

Originally posted by esorlxaw@May 12 2004, 11:22 AM
even if I change my homepage back to what i usually use, it changes itself back to about:blank...and I've run adaware about4 times too...still does the same ol sh...
Use "hijack this" it's suppose to work really good for hijacked home pages.
Sounds intimitating but just dload it, click on it, scan the computer, only delete the entries you want!! I just tried it works pretty good.hijack this

Check this out.

Spyblaster

I use it and also Adaware and Spy Bot Search and Destroy. Download and install the free adware remover and check the box to enable all protection. Then run Adaware and Spy Bot...........you won't find anything!! Spyblaster does it without you having to run the program.......it's a background spyware blocker. I just don't get any spyware anymore. You might want to run the "remove spyware" thing first while at the site. Then download and install...........enable all protection and you're set. :D

Go to spywareinfo.com and download CWShredder, that should take care of the problem. It is a free program and it works great!

Back
Top Bottom