worry about yourself

In that video, I can see our daughter at the same age, acting in the same manner. I showed this to my Bride and the first thing she said was; "that looks and sounds like our daughter."

When our daughter was about the same age as the little lady in the video she had a wore a pair of the little kids shoes that were a little higher than a regular shoe and laced all the way up. She was very independent and by this time was dressing herself but could not tie her shoes. Each morning, she would come into the kitchen fully dressed with her little high lace children shoes on her feet untied, and my Bride or I would tie them. One morning, as my Bride said to come over so I can tie your shoes, our daughter said, "I'll do it myself!" After breakfast, she walked in the living room, shoe laces flapping, sat on the floor and tried to tie her shoe laces. After fifteen minutes or so, her mother offered assistance but our daughter said she would do it, thank you very much! She sat there for more than an hour, concentrating, adamantly refusing assistance or suggestions,, constantly trying different configurations on tying her shoes until she had learned how to tie them and not only tie them but tie them properly! After mastering the task, she never mentioned it but walked around as if one more part of her day was done and now it was on to other things.

Back
Top Bottom