Wreck During Practice

N

Nascar24rainbow

Four teams were involved in a wreck toward the end of the Winston Cup practice. Mike Skinner, Elliott Sadler, and Jeff Burton will all be going to backup cars. It looks like Jack Sprague's team is going to repair the damage on there car. Michael Waltrip and Dave Blaney both barely got out of this accident.

Any team starting a backup car will start from the back of the pack only at the Gatorade Twin125s.

Sprague the Rookie taking it three wide up the middle towards the end of practice? Looks to me like he just lost it. Even if he did not loose it he would have had at best a few inches of room on each side of him.

Sadler is in a bad situation starting from the back and having to race his way into the 500 with a backup car.

"It's just ridiculous what just happened out there with five minutes to go in practice," Sadler said. "We're supposed to be professionals out there. In practice you don't need to be bouncing off the sides of each other."

"It was just three-wide," Sprague said. "I'm pretty sure I didn't move. Steve Park came off the wall a little bit and got into my right front."

Just like Spraque to try and blame someone else. He never has accepted blame for any accident he has caused. :dual9mm:

Originally posted by Highboy90@Feb 11 2003, 01:59 PM
" Steve Park came off the wall a little bit and got into my right front."
Like THAT'S never happened before...

Originally posted by N2racin88@Feb 11 2003, 01:12 PM
Sprague the Rookie taking it three wide up the middle towards the end of practice?  Looks to me like he just lost it.  Even if he did not loose it he would have had at best a few inches of room on each side of him.

Sadler is in a bad situation starting from the back and having to race his way into the 500 with a  backup car.

Elliot doesn't have to race his way in. He has points from the 28 car.

Originally posted by TN-Ward-Fan+Feb 11 2003, 02:11 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TN-Ward-Fan @ Feb 11 2003, 02:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Highboy90@Feb 11 2003, 01:59 PM
" Steve Park came off the wall a little bit and got into my right front."
Like THAT'S never happened before... [/b][/quote]
Steve was not at fault in this incident.

Park did not cause this accident, he kept his line. Sprague went up the track and hit Park. rookie mistake.

Well...he's subject to the same standards people hold Todd Bodine too.

And Park has caused WAY more accidents in the last 2 years than Todd has.

But Park is cute and drives for DEI so he's allowed. ;) :p

I admit, I ain't seen it. But I know Park's past performance. As was said earlier, people are awfully quick to blame Todd Bodine for every bobble. Well, Park owns stock in Bondo with all the cars he's destroyed. Ya build a reputation, ya gotta live with it. Ask Spencer.

Yes, Steve has caused his fair share of wrecks, but it looked like to me he held his line this time. I like Ellliot too---so I hate to see him in the back, if he has too.

elliot doesnt usually whine i dont think
when he gets mad he is usually right
when he wrecks out he usually admits to it i think hes a straight shooter.

I have not seen the wreck yet. But it does sond liek it was Jacks Falut. Even thought he is a Rookie he has just as much drafting time as most cup guys. That was a vetran mistake and crashed a few good cars.

It might have been a blessing for Jack his #0 Pontaci was SLOW!!! This On emight be better!!

As much as I like Steve, he has caused some wrecks, but this time I can't see where he's to blame.

I actually think Jack sucked up on the car in front of him too quickly and tried to move right, but Steve was there.

I haven't seen it yet, so I was probably just jumping the gun...will watch for it on speed tonight.

the video is on nascar.com and looks like it was a rookie mistake

100% Jack Spragues fault. He better go watch the video and recant his statement. :wacko:

Sprague would be clearly at fault regardless of who moved where on the track. There is no justification for running three wide during practice. He is supposed to be providing feedback on the cars handling not his own inability to think intelligently. He has been an a**hole since his late model days, was even more so in his ASA days and apparently little has changed. I am embarrassed to admit that I shared a hometown with him for quite some time, he will never be the hometown hero that Johnny Benson Senior, Johnny Benson Junior and Tim Steele have been for me.

Kel

I just watched the replay on Speed, clearly was Spragues' fault, he over corrected and hit Skinner. Dumb move and broke some good cars. :wacko:

Its like I said it was a rookie mistake, we will see plenty of them

Even after a little time passed here is Sprague's comments on what happened:

JACK SPRAGUE, NO. 0 NETZERO PONTIAC GRAND PRIX:

(ON THE PRACTICE INCIDENT)

"I don't know. I was in the middle, [Steve] Park was on the outside and he didn't stay up and he hit me in the right front, drove me into [Mike] Skinner and it was all over."

This is from a Q&A session in the media center. Even rookies should fess up.

Sprague is a dumbass. No wonder Hendricks never put him in a Winston Cup ride.

We might as well get used to this. This is the way Sprague and Biffle have always raced :dual9mm:

Sprague needs to fess up. I have seen the crash twice now and both times I don't see how it was Steve's fault at all. Sprague overcorrected and smacked into Mike.

It was a rookie mistake and Sprague should admit it. I hope he isn't going to never admit it is his fault and blame everyone else.

That was all Sprague. He needs to watch the replay and apologize.

Yeah I just saw it now, and it looked to be all Sprague. Hopefully he can come out and accept blame for the wreck. The only comment I have about the wreck is that Jeff Burton should be happy his car wreck, his backup can't be any worse than the car he was using.

Originally posted by Ciggie@Feb 12 2003, 07:38 AM
Yeah I just saw it now, and it looked to be all Sprague. Hopefully he can come out and accept blame for the wreck. The only comment I have about the wreck is that Jeff Burton should be happy his car wreck, his backup can't be any worse than the car he was using.
Wanna bet? ;)

I'm just glad Michael Waltrip was able to drive through that wreck. Usually he has the bad luck and gets into those things, but somehow he missed it even with cars swerving on both sides of him.

A shave for the guys involved though. Although with the way Jeff Burton's car was running, that might be a blessing in disguise for his team. Maybe his back-up car will run better.

I see Ciggie posted the same thing about Jeff Burton's car. I'm sure Jeff Burton would like to have his primary car right now, but at least it's not as bad for him as it is for Elliott Sadler. Elliott had a fast car that probably would have been able to compete for the win on Sunday. Oh well.

That wreck was all Jack Sprague, by the way. He got loose and a car happened to be aside of him. Why blame it on Steve Park?

Park seems to be a pretty good scape goat right now, just as Bodine is. Wonder if it was Jr, Jarrett, or Jeff Gordon what his excuse would have been?

If they were notorious wreckers, I'm sure they would get the same treatment.

Just common sense don't you think?

Common sense should have told him that it was his fault, dont you think?

But we're talking about Sprague!

I guess you're right, but people wouldn't give those drivers a hard time because they don't wreck all the time.

Park's days are over, he has wrecked so much he's a danger now...that's what people have a problem with. Why would they call those drivers dangerous if they aren't wrecking all the time?

So that makes it not true?

Do you watch the races? Are you seriously trying to tell us that people calling Park dangerous is unfounded and silly?

I know I get panacked when Park is around my favorite drivers.

I just watched the video and I think Sprague is a moron. As if he is really fooling anybody.

Back
Top Bottom