Wrong direction for women in indycar

Don't need a wimmins racing league, you ain't going see anything more with them in a race car.

Wimmins beach volley ball, lingerie football and so forth is more value added, and better choices.

Hey Doc Austin... In this thread you've gone on about protecting women, you coulldn't bear to see a woman seriously injured in a racing accident, etc., how do you feel about women in the military?

Quite a few servicewomen have been KIA or grieviously injured over the last 15 years or so. Did you protest this, or implore your representatives to turn back the clock and get women out of any possible harm's way?

And for anyone in general... Ever check out straight-line ("drag") racing? Quite a bit more "diversity" over there, including women champions at the top level in the different classes. So why do women compete well there, but not in circuit racing?

Hey Doc Austin... In this thread you've gone on about protecting women, you coulldn't bear to see a woman seriously injured in a racing accident, etc., how do you feel about women in the military?

Quite a few servicewomen have been KIA or grieviously injured over the last 15 years or so. Did you protest this, or implore your representatives to turn back the clock and get women out of any possible harm's way?

And for anyone in general... Ever check out straight-line ("drag") racing? Quite a bit more "diversity" over there, including women champions at the top level in the different classes. So why do women compete well there, but not in circuit racing?
There are any number of occupations where women face physical danger - law enforcement, firefighting are among the most prominent but there are others to a lesser extent - construction, etc.

As to their success in drag racing, it's well-known that the short duration of drag racing is better suited to women's short attention spans. :sarcasm:

I hate to see them in harm's way, but if that's what they want to do, they are within their rights. I've been very clear on that.

Quite a few servicewomen have been KIA or grieviously injured over the last 15 years or so.

I find that unacceptable. But, if that's what they want to do, it's their business.

Did you protest this, or implore your representatives to turn back the clock and get women out of any possible harm's way?

I've never, ever, said we should stop women from doing anything that they want to do. I just don't think it's a good idea to send our women off to fight an enemy that likes to humiliate, beat, torture, gang rape and "honor kill" women as part of their "religion." Would you be ok with letting your daughter enlist when this is what we are facing?

If that's what women want to do, it's not my business to tell them no. I just don't have to like it. Why is that so hard to understand?

I hate to see them in harm's way, but if that's what they want to do, they are within their rights. I've been very clear on that.

I find that unacceptable. But, if that's what they want to do, it's their business.

I've never, ever, said we should stop women from doing anything that they want to do. I just don't think it's a good idea to send our women off to fight an enemy that likes to humiliate, beat, torture, gang rape and "honor kill" women as part of their "religion." Would you be ok with letting your daughter enlist when this is what we are facing?

If that's what women want to do, it's not my business to tell them no. I just don't have to like it. Why is that so hard to understand?

"our women". ugh.

Yeah, our mothers and sisters.

Then again, no one ever took exception to calling US fighting men "our boys" when we are sending them off to fight, so what's your point? Did you have one or you just looking for a reason to be offended?
Not a fan of ownetship statements with respect to a person

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

I thought it was pretty neat that Sarah Fisher owned a team. I was sorry to see her leave. More women could be owners. I enjoy seeing women in the sport. I woulda thought Danica would have stayed around somehow after she retired. Sorta like Mario does- just signing autographs and PR stuff. Danica would be a big hit dropping by the tracks signing autographs and hanging around the pits. Pippa comes down to St. Petersburg and signs autographs- even though she isn't driving in the race. Susie Wheldon could, too. I think that would be fantastic for the sport. Well, maybe some day.

:)

Back
Top Bottom