Xfinity Championship RACE thread --- Phoenix

Sorry I think this is yet another example of a poor way to determine a champion. Happy for Hemric, but let's be honest he didn't have a championship level season

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I don’t like the format but not sure what else ya want. Hemric has plenty of consistency

That was epic! Hell of a job by Hemric! ..and I gained a hell of a lot of respect for Austin for the way he took it and what he said in his interview!!
He showed real sportsmanship there. You don't expect him to like it but that's stock car racing and he took it like a man. I can't not like Cindric.

1636257879789.png

Game seven moments are more special when they're true game seven moments, not when we're guaranteed a game seven every year.
Yep not saying you're wrong at all or that this format is right, just that NASCAR wants that last ditch effort of moving a guy (or worse) to win it all. DRAMA!

How does the 22 win the owners? Makes no sense when same drivers drive same cars? What am I missing?

BTW..congrats to the 18! Awesome finish!

I wonder how common this is as well? Contract is straight out a video game.
I guess when you want to run JGR Xfinity equipment you have to pay and expectations are high

Basically giving up a large portion of your salary to secure a ride.

Nah, it was special because it made the 18 drive the race of his life. He reached down deep for that one.
He really did.

Rodgers told him to get after it and Hemric did just that. Can't be mad at the driver for playing the system perfectly. Hemric even without the playoffs would be in the top 4 of the standings.

It's amazing how NASCAR can watch the Xfinity Series put on great races week after week after week and say, "We need to run GT3 Supercars in Cup!"
I will say I'm very impressed with the racing of the Xfinity series but we cannot be naive to the advantage that considerably shorter races have. It's the equivalent of making minor league baseball games 6-7 innings.

Probably why you see so much turnover at JGR. If they aren't trying to fire ya, they are cutting your pay
Almost like getting paid off of commission entirely.

Don't quite have the money to cover a full season, then maybe only get paid when you get a top 10 or 5. Of course depending on who you're driving for.

He bet on himself and got it right.

And that is why NASCAR went to this format. That was a game 7 moment.

The ARCA Menards series ran their championship which is full-season points and the drivers tied for points at the finish. The championship winner had to make a pass on the last lap to win it and was able to pull it off.

maybe if the ratings and attendance were going down instead of up, the playoffs would go away? One solution is for those who have to parrot the whine all season should quit watching? I wonder how many tracks closed this year for lack of attendance?

Back
Top Bottom