Xfinity RACE thread --- Atlanta

The brat went with "I didn't mean to" and they bought it, because they'd prefer to buy it for now. Gragson's volatility is good for the show, for now.

I'm amused that Scott Miller is basically acting as Gragson's publicist here.

There have been others before him that were just as toxic in their behavior. Usually the only way to continue to get away with it is to be a transcendent talent. I don't believe Gragson is at that level, but I could be wrong. To grow up, he'll need to be held accountable at some point.

maybe they will give him pit box backing lessons while looking into the sun, and he can't turn his head to look back.

181 races in the top 3 series for Hemeric and no wins. Gragson 122 races with 4 wins. Neither are setting the world on fire.
No money, no ride for either of them.

They are good drivers, but nothing really sets them apart from others.

I could see Ty Gibbs getting in the 18 and Mayer or Zane Smith taking over the 9. This is why these two especially are so over the edge because they have replacements waiting in the wings, ready to go.

No money, no ride for either of them.

They are good drivers, but nothing really sets them apart from others.

I could see Ty Gibbs getting in the 18 and Mayer or Zane Smith taking over the 9. This is why these two especially are so over the edge because they have replacements waiting in the wings, ready to go.
Plenty of heat from the rear for both. Hemric has raced for Childress, Jr, and now Gibbs, the heat has to be great.

Larry Mac admits he jumped the shark

I don't think anyone here is arguing that Hemic was not in Gragsons pit stall or that Gragson deliberately hit him in the pit box... I know I wasn't. You and I are just going to have to agree to disagree about how close that came to being a serious accident for a couple of the crewmembers though. But there is no rule that says we have to agree on everything my forum buddy...or at least not in my rule book.:)

I don't think anyone here is arguing that Hemic was not in Gragsons pit stall or that Gragson deliberately hit him in the pit box...
Are you kidding? :laugh: Larry Mac went off on it at the time, and there were I don't know how many on here were convinced (still are) that Gragson did it on purpose.

If it was purely an accident, I would think Gragson would have had his story straight from the start of his interview, before he knew Hemric was coming for him. He flipped him off, backed into him, and then instead of starting by explaining that the contact was incidental, he complained and sounded indignant.

He has a rep that follows him around and colors everything he does, and that is a result of his behavior. Nobody in the garage feels sorry for him.

If it was purely an accident, I would think Gragson would have had his story straight from the start of his interview, before he knew Hemric was coming for him. He flipped him off, backed into him, and then instead of starting by explaining that the contact was incidental, he complained and sounded indignant.

He has a rep that follows him around and colors everything he does, and that is a result of his behavior. Nobody in the garage feels sorry for him.
Jeff Gordon made a comment about it at the start of the preshow and it wasn't in favor of Gragson.

I don't think he is looking for sorry ;) He's looking for interest good or bad he's said that publicly. Probably the most attention Hemric has had his whole career

I don't think he is looking for sorry ;) He's looking for interest good or bad he's said that publicly. Probably the most attention Hemric has had his whole career

True on the latter part. I don't think Gragson can decide whether he wants to play the 'black hat' or have people sympathizing with him. I'll give him this: if he can back it up with results, he has more charisma than some of the goofballs in the Cup series that have flirted with that role. The problem is I think he's just below an elite talent, but we'll see.

IDK he's been in position to win a couple this year that had either bad luck or bad karma if you aren't a fan go against him. Long season ahead an IMO an interesting driver to watch in a sea of blah.

Suarez said Hockey rules, until they hit the ground on pit road they can throw as many punches as they want to :XXROFL:

Right or wrong? Kyle Petty’s Gragson vs Hemric hot take | Backseat Drivers​

See post #81
Watch and listen to the video.
The 99 started the whole thing by being OVER in the 18 pit box. And yes, Gragson was wrong.
Doesn't matter what the 99 did, that is no excuse for Hemric to be an a**hole. Maybe his CC should have set him straight before he got out of his car.
Gregson was quite right in doing what he did. And don't say he jeopardized the crew because they should not attempt to service a car out of the box.

People complain about vanilla boring nascar driver's all too often then we finally get one willing to break the rules of engagement and it rubs some fans the wrong way. Now, here's where I disagree with what Gragson did, he can do all of that and be that guy, just no need to bring in the possibility of compromising safety of crew, that was over line (didn't end bad fortunately). Highly doubt he will be pulling that stunt again anytime soon. Settle it on the track between the lines or out of the car.

He's far from the only young upstart talent that has committed immature actions violating on track safety, many that have done that are now celebrated in the Cup series as they learned and realized as they got older, all to be expected. I stand by statement that Gragson is Gen-Z Kyle Busch. Some fans will and already dislike him, some won't.

Doesn't matter what the 99 did, that is no excuse for Hemric to be an a**hole. Maybe his CC should have set him straight before he got out of his car.
Gregson was quite right in doing what he did. And don't say he jeopardized the crew because they should not attempt to service a car out of the box.
He jeopardized the crew behind him

the crew's safety was never jeopardized. This is the crew's safety in jeopardy

1616467587062.png

Scathing retort, whatever it means.
3 days later, and this is the most important thing apparently.
Moving forward, that's what is recommended.

Last edited:
the crew's safety was never jeopardized. This is the crew's safety in jeopardy

View attachment 54581
There is no doubt crewmembers are put in a vulnerable and unsafe position sometimes and it always sucks when there is such a close call no mater who was at fault. Here is a video of when Dickie and Cody had the throttle linkage hang on the body when it was lifted at Indy in 2005. Luckily it just blew Dickies pants off and gave him 2nd and 3rd degree burns on his legs and nocked some of Cody's teeth out and gave him some ringing in the ears for a few days. Towards the end of the video it shows a slow mo closeup of just how lucky they were that no one was killed. This could have been so much worse. There is more hp in one cylinder on one of these engines then all of the hp of a high hp cup engine.

It seems many of you are thinking about the pit crew. My take on this is that the 18 went deep and into another's pit box then backed up. That should have put the pit crew on notice that nothing is regular at this point and they should be exxxxxxxtra careful. Gragson was forced into a bad spot and did what he had to.
Not up to him to fix the 18's problem.
Next thing is Hemric needs to get TV time by NOT being an a$$hole.

They cant see when they back up, if a crewman was in front of the 99 for whatever reason he would have hit him. Just because he didnt doesnt mean its ok.
I meant 18, dont know where 99 came from.

I definitely was thinking more about the safety of the crew then anything else when I saw that video. My #1 priority is to see all of the crewmembers go home to their families at the end of the day vs who wins a race. Shi-t happens in life and how we adapt is very important. Gragson did a terrible job of adapting safely. He was very lucky all of the crewmembers were out of the way when he backed into the #18 pit and hit their car.

I wonder why Gragson didn't just pull a little further forward into the empty pit box in front of him so his car would be straight and then he could have backed straight back into his pit box instead of backing into a pit box that he knew had a car in it already and then moving forward.

Like I said earlier the fight doesn't bother me at all. Racers tempers has been flaming high for ever...heck that is what made NASCAR racing so popular to start with. I kind of wished they would have let them played a little longer. People are still talking about it and that's a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom