Xfinity RACE thread --- COTA

Maybe it's just me but seems like the the speeds are much faster at The Glen and Sonoma. Which would make sense because this is a pretty technical course with the exception of the long backstretch leading into turn 11.
That's the first thing I noticed watching truck practice yesterday. Maybe it was just me, but those things just visually looked slow

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1621724333539.png

I don't know what caused the difference but it was obvious. It was something other than just Kyle dominating.

With that said, I also favor shorter courses. They yield more laps.
I think shorter less technical road courses are a better fit for the full bodied "stock" cars/trucks"

KDB is one of the best road racers there is. He’s conquered over 10,000 race facilities. There’s no Ambroses, no Montoya’s here. This track, like all the others, will fall.

Oooo...

Ky. Busch is winning tomorrow, isn't he? Sounds like I missed a barn burner for the Xfinity race.

Professor Busch will take your questions now.

No, tomorrow he races against kids his age in similar equipment.
Covered all of your bases there. Nice work. He wasn't the only Cupper, but now it's the equipment bitch again. What a joke. Kyle was fast in everything today. Every-damn-thing. He's good. Really ****** good.

KDB hasn't won a cup road race in 6 years. I don't pay attention to all of the lower series Busch puffing the press continues to polish the knob

Covered all of your bases there. Nice work. He wasn't the only Cupper, but now it's the equipment bitch again. What a joke. Kyle was fast in everything today. Every-damn-thing. He's good. Really ****** good.

I see you’ve returned to the dark side, welcome back good sir 😉. We dress in all black garments on race day

:), true I thought i might provoke some of the KDB faithful, but I didn't mean to push you over the edge. I respect Kyle as a driver and sometimes it seems he is really a great guy. I like Tony Stewart and a lot of people find fault with him. Maybe Kyle is similar. I just think it is time for him to step out of the lower series.

KDB hasn't won a cup road race in 6 years. I don't pay attention to all of the lower series Busch puffing the press continues to polish the knob
Sure he hasn’t, but there’s a reason he’s garnered a reputation for being someone who can win any given race at any given time.

Sure he hasn’t, but there’s a reason he’s garnered a reputation for being someone who can win any given race at any given time.
I think that is a carry over from the Trucks and the Xfinity series. He has won 2 races in a year and a half in the Cup series. Hardly a threat.

I watched him on IAMATHLETE. He definitely was marketing his own brand.

He also referenced to himself winning across all THREE series more than anyone else in the late 2000s. Which of course, isn't true, not in cup.

Kyle's brand, and the way he's been marketed, particularly with NBC, pushes him as being better than he is, imo. That said, he's still DAMN good.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

:), true I thought i might provoke some of the KDB faithful, but I didn't mean to push you over the edge. I respect Kyle as a driver and sometimes it seems he is really a great guy. I like Tony Stewart and a lot of people find fault with him. Maybe Kyle is similar. I just think it is time for him to step out of the lower series.
NASCAR has taken care of you. Not a bad idea to run Xfinity on a track nobody has seen. Dontcha think?

Let's see how well this ages...

I see you’ve returned to the dark side, welcome back good sir 😉. We dress in all black garments on race day
We are still on a break, but we are talking again. :D I want Adam back on the box. Tomorrow should be fascinating.

I think that is a carry over from the Trucks and the Xfinity series. He has won 2 races in a year and a half in the Cup series. Hardly a threat.
Interesting. You think he's done?

I think I am missing something in my old age so I rally paid attention today.
I admit Kyle B. is one of the better drivers in cup today. Having said that, I think Almandinger is also a pretty good RC driver as is Cindric. Kyle B. had a 10 second lead on the whole field. At one point he and Cindric were side by side and on a straight away Kyle pulled ahead with no problem.
I would like to know if all cars still run the same rear gear and transmission gears??? I f they do, that #54 Toyota had hell of a lot more HP than the Fords or Chev had.

I admit Kyle B. is one of the better drivers in cup today. Having said that, I think Almandinger is also a pretty good RC driver as is Cindric. Kyle B. had a 10 second lead on the whole field. At one point he and Cindric were side by side and on a straight away Kyle pulled ahead with no problem.
I would like to know if all cars still run the same rear gear and transmission gears??? I f they do, that #54 Toyota had hell of a lot more HP than the Fords or Chev had.
It's been my opinion for the last several years that the Toyota equipment in the Xfinity series is just that much better than the field. I mean look at how many different drivers have won in that equipment and have gone on to do nothing else with other organizations.

Is Kyle a great driver? Painfully I'll admit yes. But I also feel his car was head and shoulders above the rest of the field today.

The ugly duckling Xfinity car is the newest designed car out there, and it was designed from the ground up for the Xfinity series. So yeah put a cup driver with 15 years experience road racing on a never before raced track? Loading it up like that would give one a bit of an advantage.

Did I wander into the 'KyBu Appreciation Thread' by mistake? :blink:

More to the point today, has anyone figured out why Cup drivers were permitted to run the first X race at COTA when they were locked out of the first race on the Daytona Roval?

I don't know what caused the difference but it was obvious. It was something other than just Kyle dominating.

With that said, I also favor shorter courses. They yield more laps.
I like it the way it is. There are a couple of longer road courses with this one and Road America and some shorter ones with The Glen, Sonoma, Mid-Ohio and Mosport. The main problem with large tracks like this one is that caution laps take forever.
If they ran the shorter layout here the average speed would be even slower.
I am curious how much faster the new car will be on road courses, cornering speeds should be up quite a bit.

You can easily fix the caution length issue by adding additional restart lines on the course. Why does every restart need to take place at the start/finish line? Put another restart line on the long back straight

You can easily fix the caution length issue by adding additional restart lines on the course. Why does every restart need to take place at the start/finish line? Put another restart line on the long back straight

It would also be interesting seeing restarts occurring at different places on the course. Put one on a short chute too.

Back
Top Bottom