Xfinity RACE thread --- Daytona Road Course

In his DEBUT race.

First race in the top three levels. This isn't easy, the kid crushed it.
I mean yeah, I mentioned it was his debut race in the post lol. I would hope anyone in that seat crushes it. That’s a bonafide Cup team.

Haha , he made the TV crew run to him. Jamies outta breath!

1613868854541.png
1613868944592.png

And a new "Sliced bread" is born !!!! Way to go Ty Gibbs !

Not to mention no practice or qualifying.

Trippin'.
So they’re all on the same playing field in that regard? Great.

Again, not taking anything away from his race but personally I’d be more impressed if he wasn't racing in the highest funded seat in the series.

Impressed.

Kids got future cup champion written all over him. Just wait until he gets to JGR in cup.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Again, not taking anything away from his race but personally I’d be more impressed if he wasn't racing in the highest funded seat in the series.
I'd agree with you... if it was a mile and a half. Road courses and short tracks require a great driver to get the job done. He also waxed his teammates in the same equipment...

Road courses require a great driver to get the job done. He also waxed his teammates in the same equipment...
Most of these drivers, especially in the lower levels, are poodoo on road courses. The talent gab is massive. I get that it takes a special talent to be fast on both ovals and road courses, but rarely are there drivers that excel at both. Ty obviously has higher talent and has the team to show it off.

He should be fast and probably win several times this season.

Low funded teams don’t win races at this level.
This isn’t your local short track.
Run what ya brung.

TY GIBBS BABY! HELL YES!!! Been following this kid for a minute, and so glad for him to win right off the bat to shut the haters up. Literally because of his last name and manufacturer 🙄

Most of these drivers, especially in the lower levels, are poodoo on road courses. The talent gab is massive. I get that it takes a special talent to be fast on both ovals and road courses, but rarely are there drivers that excel at both. Ty obviously has higher talent and has the team to show it off.

He should be fast and probably win several times this season.

I'm with you. A lot of these guys do not have the prerequisite skill to truly compete with the typical finesse that road racing requires. However, the "fish out of water" aspect creates the type of racing/chaos that the networks want.

The guys who have skill usually separate themselves quickly...

So who's out of a ride at JGR to make room for Ty?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

What's the yellow line rule on non super speedways?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom