Xfinity RACE thread --- Dover

I realize I may be insensitive saying this, but I just don't ever care to see Xfinity lifers who were never able to cut in cup win these races.

Xfinity really just feels like a stepping stone for stars. I just find the young guys more exciting. With some of these guys like Justin, Hemic, what you see is what you get. I just find them boring. Anyone else share this, or am I on an island here?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I realize I may be insensitive saying this, but I just don't ever care to see Xfinity lifers who were never able to cut in cup win these races.

Xfinity really just feels like a stepping stone for stars. I just find the young guys more exciting. With some of these guys like Justin, Hemic, what you see is what you get. I just find them boring. Anyone else share this, or am I on an island here?

I'd rather see the up-and-comers race full-time X journeymen than Cup slummers. They need someone to challenge them, and they need experienced teammates to show them the ropes.

Back in the day the series was full of full-timers with little interest in moving up. I think it had more personality then.

I'd rather see the up-and-comers race full-time X journeymen than Cup slummers. They need someone to challenge them, and they need experienced teammates to show them the ropes.

Back in the day the series was full of full-timers with little interest in moving up. I think it had more personality then.
Yeah I get that. I just feel that Xfinity has become a conveyer belt of young drivers sucking up air time on their way up to the cup series. Most of the competitive Xfinity journeymen seem to be failed cup drivers. Doesn't give the series the same personality you mention here.

It's just up and comers and failures.

Berry is way faster.

And this is what I'm talking about. Just bad execution and decision making by the 7 there in efforts to defend the lead.

It's important to recognize that there have always been drivers who stay in the trucks and Xfinity along with better/more ambitious drivers who want to move up. I don't know how many couldn't wait to get to cup and flounder racing a crappy ride and many lose their crappy ride and are left holding nothing but a steering wheel. So sometimes it is the smarter move to stay with a good steady ride and a long career without all of the drama.

And this is what I'm talking about. Just bad execution and decision making by the 7 there in efforts to defend the lead.

At least he's fighting for the win. Compare that with Mayer's inexperienced screw-ups. He should be winning this race.

It's important to recognize that there have always been drivers who stay in the trucks and Xfinity along with better/more ambitious drivers who want to move up. I don't know how many couldn't wait to get to cup and flounder racing a crappy ride and many lose their crappy ride and are left holding nothing but a steering wheel. So sometimes it is the smarter move to stay with a good steady ride and a long career without all of the drama.
Sometimes it's better to be a medium fish in a medium sized pond than a small one flopping around on the bank of a lake.

Jr's cars, all 4 in the top 5, Gragson wins the 100 thousand

1651348146144.png

Back
Top Bottom