Xfinity RACE thread --- Dover

"All you can do as a dad is teach your son everything you know"

*somewhere, Dale Jr cries*

1714250053226.png

Always had a soft spot for Ryan Truex. Pretty cool win.

Thank god the ogre in the 21 didn’t steal it.

Thank the Lord for the DVR.
I saw two bozos today, one in the 21 and the other in the 7. Glad they both wrecked.
Awesome win for RT.
Ryan almost looked like the Geico caveman when he took the helmet off 😳

Eff Ryan Truax with chainsaw for running Kvapil up the track. Total chickenshiet way to win it.

Fuk Nascar and the BS GWCers too what a way to screw up the natural order or great technical track and send out an open invitation for this kind of garbage.

Eff Ryan Truax with chainsaw for running Kvapil up the track. Total chickenshiet way to win it.

Fuk Nascar and the BS GWCers too what a way to screw up the natural order or great technical track and send out an open invitation for this kind of garbage.
Truex takes out Love, later runs Kvapil up the track for the win. Nothing clean about that win.

I can't believe people are complaining about GWC's. They must be trolling at this point.
Good grief.
I have followed racing from the day I learned that they raced cars as a boy. I have followed Cup or the GN racing without fail since 1971.
I was raised as a textile workers son and literally borrowed money fron the bank to race because it was the only way I could enter the arena. It was stupid but I did it, and I am very fortunate to have finically recovered from the foolishness. It was one of the main things that wrecked my first marriage.
I hate the GWCers but I am no troll. I have nothing to prove.

I have loved racing all my life.
I just think the GWCrs undermine the technical side of racing and body of work and it injects a lot of idiotic last lap BS. I will always believe that with no apologies regardless of what anyone else thinks of my opinion on the matter.

Good grief.
I have followed racing from the day I learned that they raced cars as a boy. I have followed Cup or the GN racing without fail since 1971.
I was raised as a textile workers son and literally borrowed money fron the bank to race because it was the only way I could enter the arena. It was stupid but I did it, and I am very fortunate to have finically recovered from the foolishness. It was one of the main things that wrecked my first marriage.

I just think the GWCrs undermine the technical side of racing and body of work and it injects a lot of idiotic last lap BS. I will always believe that with no apologies regardless of what anyone else thinks of my opinion on the matter.
My apologies for calling you a troll. I went a little too far.

My apologies for calling you a troll. I went a little too far.
No problem I like your writing. You are a good guy and help to make RF a great place.
Peace out.

Eh, they do the same thing at most of the dirt races. They line up and run two laps to finish the race if there is a caution on the last lap. I do like that during cautions they don't count laps while under caution. If there is a caution with like 5 laps to go it isn't going to be run down to a GWC like Nascar does. They run 5 laps and that is it unless there is another caution.

Good grief.

Greg tell the truth, did you really like it when they finished a race under caution because of a crash they couldnt get out of the way and cleaned up with 5 laps to go? I'm cut from the same cloth you are and I hated it

Greg tell the truth, did you really like it when they finished a race under caution because of a crash they couldnt get out of the way and cleaned up with 5 laps to go? I'm cut from the same cloth you are and I hated it
Did I like it back then? No, but back then I didn't know what the alternative would be - restart with two to go, crash more often than not, clean up, and often repeat. Now that I know, finishing under caution seems like the lesser of the evils.

Did I like it back then? No, but back then I didn't know what the alternative would be - restart with two to go, crash more often than not, clean up, and often repeat. Now that I know, finishing under caution seems like the lesser of the evils.
They did a GWC because they try to stay as close to the advertised distance as possible. If they added 10 laps do you really think things would play out different? I dont. Everyone sees it as a last chance opportunity and they throw the kitchen sink at it.

I didn't like it but it is a natural part of racing that is unavoidable. Neither of the two options is perfect. But the GWC option is the worse one imo and subject to the most shenigans or manipulation.

I didn't like it but it is a natural part of racing that is unavoidable. Neither of the two options is perfect. But the GWC option is the worse one imo and subject to the most shenigans or manipulation.
I agree that it was natural but I also remember that hollow feeling watching them ride around under caution and click off those remaining laps. I dont know what the answer is. I was thinking a single file restart but I'm not sure that would help, maybe a little?

Agreed. So stay with the scheduled distance and don't add any laps.
yuck. Remember when it was like that? Comments were " NASCAR sucks! they shouldnt end a race under caution, I paid to see a race not a car ride around under caution" or " This is bulll****t! My ( enter driver name here) was getting ready to take the lead and now he wont get a chance". Its a catch 22 no doubt

Back
Top Bottom