Xfinity RACE thread --- Indy

Back at the hotel. Not sure I'll do the Cup race tomorrow - I never do and a big part of it is timing. A 2:30 PM start time for a race that's not gonna be done until 5:30 *maybe* is rough when you also have a 4 hour drive home and you gotta be in the office at 8AM.

That said, this was a fine race. Not a great race, but more great to me as someone who isn't that acquainted with NASCAR this year because I got to see a race that was basically allowed to unfold. I would have liked them to get back to action a little faster even if that meant a wetter track, but alas.

Watching Ty Gibbs hustle around IMS in the wet and in the dry, I can't help but wonder if he'd have been a generational road racer among Americans had he not aimed for Cup. It would have made it much easier to root for him for me: I can't cheer for people who were born on third base and think they hit a triple in NASCAR. Whereas had he wound up in the Formula ladder, Gibbs would transition into being an All American underdog as red, white, and blue as Apple Pie, blown off fingers from fireworks, and the Marlboro Man. He just didn't put the wheel wrong too often and his aggression levels are adequate for the human wood chipper that is European racing.

I was on AJ's radio most of the race. He was not happy with the car at all even when he was in the lead. It really got bad the last stint.
He wasn't happy at RA either. Maybe the part-time car doesn't get the same attention his full-time X car received in recent years? Whatever the cause, something's off.

He wasn't happy at RA either. Maybe the part-time car doesn't get the same attention his full-time X car received in recent years? Whatever the cause, something's off.
AJ is an interesting character most known for his trophy hunting excitement and peppiness. However, the AJ we see now is the pouter AJ--which he has been prone to throughout his career IMO. I watched him in Toyota Atlantics years ago at Portland, and he basically cleared out his garage (tent) after a loss with RuSport.

Back
Top Bottom