Xfinity RACE thread----Loudon

This thread is proof of how hypocritical NASCAR fans are. If the roles had been reversed, the post would be the same. Saying Ty should have backed off. Still would be Dillon bashing. I know its the popular thing to do, but its kinda pathetic.
Sorry, but Dillon had every right to be mad. He got hooked on a straightaway.

Did I miss something?

Must have been during the interview.

No man just another wasted Saturday mid-afternoon watching a douche stoke his ego.

I didn't stick around long enough for the interview.

This thread is proof of how hypocritical NASCAR fans are. If the roles had been reversed, the post would be the same. Saying Ty should have backed off. Still would be Dillon bashing. I know its the popular thing to do, but its kinda pathetic.
Yep, he does have every right to be pissed off, not real impressed with how Bowman came off during one of his interviews

He was just upset, but to sit there and disrespect Bowman like that?

Ty is an awesome driver, but it's his personality leaves a lot to be desired. I don't like to bash any driver, but when you sit there and say "There's a reason why he only runs part time... He needs to learn the difference between loose and tight..." He was acting a bit like a brat.

Yet I can understand heat of the moment reactions, I can understand how upset he is, but to act like "Oh, I'm going to fight you." type of attitude is lame.

Yet I can understand heat of the moment reactions, I can understand how upset he is, but to act like "Oh, I'm going to fight you." type of attitude is lame.
Yeah, saying he wanted to fight him was a bit lame, I agree with that.

He was just upset, but to sit there and disrespect Bowman like that?

Ty is an awesome driver, but it's his personality leaves a lot to be desired. I don't like to bash any driver, but when you sit there and say "There's a reason why he only runs part time... He needs to learn the difference between loose and tight..." He was acting a bit like a brat.

Is he wrong about Bowman? Stating the truth is acting like a brat?

In 25 years as a fan, I've never heard a driver use tight as a reason for hooking another car on a straightaway.

In 25 years as a fan, I've never heard a driver use tight as a reason for hooking another car on a straightaway.
I think he was just saying tight because that sounds a tad bit better than saying, I ran out of talent.

Yeah, saying he wanted to fight him was a bit lame, I agree with that.

So is every driver who gets in another drivers face "lame"? He didn't even get in his face, he said it was a good thing Bowman wasn't there.

Is it "lame" when Kurt Busch does it? He makes those comments very often.

The definition of tight is different for every driver and a car being so tight that the front end washes up, it is a bit odd to say the least.

I guess it's just me, all of the talking is not going to do anything. If you're going to sit there and say what you're going to do, do it.

The accident was avoidable and it ruined Ty's day. Oh okay, I just re-read Ty's comments. I get it.

So is every driver who gets in another drivers face "lame"? He didn't even get in his face, he said it was a good thing Bowman wasn't there.

Is it "lame" when Kurt Busch does it? He makes those comments very often.

let ty keep on w/ those kinda spoilt brat statements ....... he may not be as lucky as kurt ?
oops !! i forgot.......grandpa owns tha team. :rolleyes:

could have said a lot of things about hit in points .....disapointed ...etc .
instead .......goes to " it's somebody elses fault "....blah...blah...blah....." billy badazz" :eek:
as if we viewers can't see what happened.
childish........and ain't 1st time either.

pop-pop needs ta call mark martin in for ty session.

let ty keep on w/ those kinda spoilt brat statements ....... he may not be as lucky as kurt ?
oops !! i forgot.......grandpa owns tha team. :rolleyes:

could have said a lot of things about hit in points .....disapointed ...etc .
instead .......goes to " it's somebody elses fault "....blah...blah...blah....." billy badazz" :eek:
as if we viewers can't see what happened.
childish........and ain't 1st time either.

pop-pop needs ta call mark martin in for ty session.
My point is every driver has given that same interview. Many times. NASCAR fan hypocrisy at its best.

If we can see what happened, why do they even need interviews?

Last edited:
My point is every driver has given that same interview. Many times. NASCAR fan hypocrisy at its best.

if you can't see need for ty to change to a more mature interview delivery........then just carry on w/ tha party.:katts:

if you can't see need for ty to change to a more mature interview delivery........then just carry on w/ tha party.:katts:
If you dont see that just about every driver reacts the same way, you can carry on.

Me personally, no, I don't think he needs to change. I'm not going to pull fo a driver who doesn't show emotion. I'd have been mad if he wasn't mad. There are enough robots out there. I like when drivers who tell thier view without hesitation. (Note: Unless it's Kyle Busch, it's that NASCAR fan hypocrisy in me)

Is hypocrisy worse than cognitive bias? Just wondering.

Bowman got behind on his steering. Dillon did his version of a manly rant and over-stated his case. If he had taken the time to go get his Howdy Doody hat, he probably wouldn't have done that. You can stop defending him now.

Is hypocrisy worse than cognitive bias? Just wondering.

Bowman got behind on his steering. Dillon did his version of a manly rant and over-stated his case. If he had taken the time to go get his Howdy Doody hat, he probably wouldn't have done that. You can stop defending him now.
For me to be defending him, I would have to think he did something wrong. In my mind, he didn't. I love how he reacted. He said what he needed to, he gave Bowman trouble all day. I'd hate to see what y'all would have done if he had pulled a Kenseth. He would have probably been lynched by now.

Can you honestly name a driver who would not have reacted in a similar way?

Can you honestly say that if it were your driver in Ty's place that you'd react the same?

As far as the hat, wrong brother.

Okay ... you're defending what he said and the way he said it. What the hell is the difference? You seem to think your biased commentary is superior to that of people taking the opposite position. It isn't.

I don't own any drivers.

Okay ... you're defending what he said and the way he said it. What the hell is the difference? You seem to think your biased commentary is superior to that of people taking the opposite position. It isn't.

I don't own any drivers.
If you read what I said, I said I'm not above being bias. I know I am. I will admit it. Most won't. Sports fans are bad about it. NASCAR fans are the worst. I find it amusing.

If you dont see that just about every driver reacts the same way, you can carry on.

Me personally, no, I don't think he needs to change. I'm not going to pull fo a driver who doesn't show emotion. I'd have been mad if he wasn't mad. There are enough robots out there. I like when drivers who tell thier view without hesitation. (Note: Unless it's Kyle Busch, it's that NASCAR fan hypocrisy in me)
For me to be defending him, I would have to think he did something wrong. In my mind, he didn't. I love how he reacted. He said what he needed to, he gave Bowman trouble all day. I'd hate to see what y'all would have done if he had pulled a Kenseth. He would have probably been lynched by now.

Can you honestly say that if it were your driver in Ty's place that you'd react the same?

mr. ty whoopee fan,
point was......no need to drag young alex bowman thru tha mud .....
........he ain't got no sikver spoon grandpa like ty !
his career is just beginning.

like i said in 1st post ....ty had lots he could have bitched about in interview...besides alex rant.

btw....you might need ta cut back on that #3 xfinity koolaid. :dpepsi::dpepsi::dpepsi:...............
...........too much & ya can't see straight. :rolleyes:

OK, friends. Some of you are losing your cool. None of us were inside either car, or inside either driver's mind.
Just agree to disagree and move on --- please.

OK, friends. Some of you are losing your cool. None of us were inside either car, or inside either driver's mind.
Just agree to disagree and move on --- please.

I'm enjoying this debate. I'm not getting heated or taking it personally.
I'll say this and I will quit, it's a shame that the thread from Watkins Glen last year got erased. Would have proven my point.

I think the first guy across the line is the winner in most all racing series ..... it worked that way when I raced years ago
He'd have 5 if they banned cup drivers from a lower series

Kasey Kahne revisionist history shows 1 win.

I'll get busy on the rest of them tomorrow.

tumblr_inline_noppsc2rfj1sjyn8e_540.jpg

No man just another wasted Saturday mid-afternoon watching a douche stoke his ego.

I didn't stick around long enough for the interview.
During his interview he said all sorts of nice things about you...... :)

Were the Dillons entered? I was watching the leader.

Watch the aerial shot. Coming off the corner dillions car drifts up putting Bowman up against the wall. He brought it on himself.

No, if you actually read what was said, I was talking about fans.

There is a difference when a guy like Ty Dillon runs his mouth v. someone who has actually won something IMO.

Back
Top Bottom